Registered nurse (rn) interventional specialty
Compensation: $65,500.00 - $84,110.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
I. **Basic Purpose:**
Responsible for assuring the smooth, timely, safe and effective nursing care of all patients in diagnostic, interventional and cardiac cath department, as specified by established practices and procedures of the Cardiovascular service line. Responsible for clinical nursing during pre, intra and post care for cardiovascular services. Assists personnel within the department and provides education and guidance regarding all aspects of patient care.
II. **Major Duties and Responsibilities:**
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Maintains a high degree of communication to achieve objectives and to ensure optimal and appropriate patient care. Promotes a strong relationship with other nursing personnel for follow-up of patient care.
4. Assists with orienting, instructing, and training assigned personnel to include student orientation on clinical procedures.
5. Collects and analyzes clinical data required to complete Interventional and Cardiovascular procedures. This data may include, but is not limited to: physical assessment, patient and family interviews, observations and consultations with other healthcare personnel. Conducts preliminary patient screening for Cardiovascular Services. Performs patient and family education as needed.
6. Assists Radiologists, Cardiologists, Neurologists and other hospital physicians with diagnostic, interventional, neurologic and cardiovascular procedures and treatments. Communicates to nursing staff, the implementation of follow-up patient teaching in specific areas as needed to facilitate post procedure recovery.
7. Flexibility to perform functions of the pre/post holding areas to assist in smooth operations within the cardiovascular departments.
8. Monitors medical condition of patient's pre/post cardiovascular, vascular, radiology and neurologic procedure(s); reports changes to appropriate personnel.
9. Documents initial nursing histories, assesses patients' conditions, and develops individual care plans for patient assigned to the unit.
10. Acts as a patient educator prior to procedure(s) to explain procedure and answer questions. Explains steps during the actual procedure. Gives post cardiovascular/interventional instructions and provides emotional support when needed. Assess and document post patient responses to the intervention with respect to patient's pain level, puncture site and overall response; notifies physician accordingly.
11. Maintains a safe, private, comfortable and therapeutic environment for patients in accordance with hospital standards and regulatory requirements.
12. Monitors and ensures accuracy of recording on patient medical record. Maintains all required reports, records, statistics, etc.
13. Assists physicians with cardiac catheterization, vascular and interventional procedures and other processes related to direct patient care.
14. Clinical expertise in creating and maintaining a sterile field. Assists with the procedural setup of patient to include, but not limited to: proper positioning of the patient on procedure table, establishing EKG if applicable, O2 Sat and O2 monitoring prior to and during procedure; sterile procedural setup which could include; scrubbing of the groin area, draping of the patient in preparation of the procedure; or setting of the sterile trays.
15. Administers medications as needed, under the direction and orders of a credentialed physician, adhering to all established hospital policies, regulatory requirements and guidelines.
16. Participates in on-call assignments and demonstrates flexibility to cover staffing as needed.
17. Assists with maintenance and care of department equipment and supplies; communicates any problems or requests for supplies to appropriate supervisor. Plans and provides equipment and supplies based on procedure and physician needs. Investigates and reports any unsafe condition related to equipment or facilities.
18. Participates in activities relating to Cardiovascular, Neurologic and nursing quality assurance; actively participates in CQI processes.
19. Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
20. Attends departmental meetings on a regular basis.
21. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
22. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. **Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):**
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
> Bachelor's Degree with a Major in Nursing, preferred.
> Current/Active State of FL RN License required - Primary source online verification required directly from State of Florida Licensing database.
> Current acceptable CPR/BLS certification required: American Heart Association Basic Life Support for Health Care Provider OR American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer; ACLS required or be obtained/completed within six months of hire.
> IV skills required.
> 1-3 years of Cardiovascular and/or critical care experience required.
> Training in Neurologic intervention preferred : NIH stroke certification preferred
> Training in hemodynamics and specialized equipment preferred (balloon pump, Impella, Angiojet).
Must have excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinics Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: care, care unit, ccu, domiciliary, mhb, nurse, nurse rn, psychatric, registered nurse, tcu
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...