Per Diem LPN
Compensation: $43,480.00 - $55,450.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
Functions as a member of the Patient Care Team, demonstrates knowledge of nursing theory and disease processes in order to provide professional nursing care to patients as appropriate.
* Implements patient care by continuously practicing within the guidelines of CCF policies and procedures as evidenced by accuracy in medication administration.
* Completes accurate and descriptive nursing documentation to include maintaining complete and up-to-date documentation and files at all times.
* Demonstrated ability to accurately complete required documentation (medical records, authorization forms, laboratory requisitions) legibly and concisely.
* Skilled in pain management assessment and documentation.
* Demonstrates knowledge of disease process and therapeutics with ability to recognize changes in patients' status.
* Ability to recognize and follow through appropriately with nursing intervention.
* Reports pertinent information to Charge Nurse or Physicians.
* Demonstrates knowledge of various age related concerns as observed through appropriate nursing interventions by the Physicians or Charge Nurse and documentation.
* Utilizes opportunity for health teaching of patient/significant other and utilization of appropriate teaching methods related to growth and development and age specific factors evidenced by documentation in the patient's medical record.
* Able to establish priorities, assess workload and determine order of importance on a daily basis with minimal guidance required.
* Participates in departmental orientation of new employees in a positive manner, shares knowledge, experiences, and provides guidance when assigned, as evidenced by feedback from new employees.
* Performs patient teaching as needed under the supervision of RN/Physician. Adheres to the National Patient Safety Goals as outlined by JCAHO.
* Follows Code Blue protocol as per Clinic Policy Performs any other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of Accredited LPN program.
* Knowledge of Infection Control Practices.
* Is cognizant of the physical and general characteristics of the various age groups as observed by the Nurse Manager or Physician.
* Computer literate.
* Florida Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) preferred if working in Cardiology.
Complexity of Work:
* All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position: World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
* Has verbal knowledge of Dr. Lower's Credo: A PATIENT is the most important person in this institution - in person or by mail. A PATIENT is not dependent on us - we are dependent on him. A PATIENT is not an interruption of our work - he is the purpose of it. A PATIENT in not an outsider to our business - he is part of it. A PATIENT is not someone to argue or match wits with. A PATIENT is a person and not a statistic. He has feelings, emotions, biases, prejudices and wants. It is our job to satisfy him.
* Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
* Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
* Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
* Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
* One (1) year clinical experience preferred.
* Essential Duties: This position requires knowledge of all aspects of patient care including assessing; planning, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the patients progress through the entire continuum of car in conjunction with the R.N. or physician.
* Physical Duties: This position requires frequent walking, sitting, and standing.
* Frequent talking and listening when giving instruction and explanations.
* Frequent use of the phone; fax machines, and occasional use of the computer.
* Work is heavy, constant lifting and moving patients, carrying equipment, supplies and material up to 50 pounds without help and over 50 pounds with the help of mechanical devices or other personnel.
* You will be stooping, pushing and pulling when moving patient into position for treatment; also you will be reaching, handling, feeling and manipulation of equipment into position.
* Working Conditions: The majority of the time employee spends indoors in air-conditioned areas.
* The potential for exposure to blood and blood borne pathogens is significant.
* Clinical exposure to patients requires the use of personal protective equipment.
Personal Protective Equipment:
* This position is high exposure to infectious wastes such as blood and bodily fluids that mandate the wearing of gloves, masks, gowns, and goggles as appropriate.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: hemodialysis, lead, license, licensed, licensed vocational, lvn lpn, nurse iii, nurse lpn, practical nurse lpn, vocational nurse
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...