Nursing supervisor adon
Compensation: $65,500.00 - $84,110.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Nursing
Loading some great jobs for you...
I. **Basic Purpose:**
Directs and supervises overall nursing service and facility operations, Acts as an administrative resource 24 hours/day, 7 days/week, to ensure a safe and stable environment across all Martin Health System acute care facilities. Manages staffing in a way that is consistent with management objectives and exceptional patient care.
II. **Major Duties and Responsibilities:**
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Operates as a resource person for nursing and clinical departments in guiding clinical practice. Mentors and coaches clinicians in providing exceptional patient care. Leads and assists in clinical troubleshooting and problem solving.
4. In code situations, acts as liaison between family and staff. Supervises codes to ensure policies and procedures are followed. Uses resources such as clinical experts to ensure rapid responses, code blues, and code grays result in transfer to appropriate levels of care.
5. Identifies, evaluates and advocates for allotment of resources to financial and human support departments. Assumes shift accountability and responsibility for budget as it relates to staffing. Promotes cost effective management of staffing, equipment and supplies. Utilizes the staffing guidelines and follows them consistently for system-level decision making regarding staffing the nursing units. Reports any questions or issues to leaders for resolution when needed.
6. Assures that the Florida Nurse Practice Act is the basis of professional nursing practice, and that nurses practice within legal parameters.
7. Protects the rights of patients and their families. Works closely with Risk Management, nursing staff, and security to protect and ensure the rights of patients.
8. Maintains professional and clinical competencies through participation in continuous learning activities; develops a mechanism for ongoing self-assessment for career path development.
9. Serves as a member of the management team, participating in the development and implementation of organizational goals and objectives.
10. Understand flow of patients and facilitates transfer of patients in a significant care centered approach that is effective in quality care.
11. Is familiar with requirements surrounding deaths; e.g., medical examiner cases and retrieval of bodies from the morgue.
12. Participates in process improvement initiatives within the organization.
13. Works closely with HR to intervene with impaired associates, with Risk Management to insure acceptable levels of risk, and with Occupational Health to support goals of the organization.
14. Maintains effective working relationships with physicians, employees, auxillians and members of the community.
15. Facilitates interdisciplinary collaboration to ensure excellence in patient care delivery.
16. Resource allocation (both in personnel and supplies) is managed according to established goals, standards, and patient care needs. Resource for key equipment location within the facility when needed.
17. Notifies appropriate leaders throughout the organization of any pertinent information or events as needed.
18. Keeps site administrators informed of any events within the facility as needed.
19. Provides direction, assistance and collaborates with hospital leadership in significant events, including response to organizational codes, system downtimes (phone, Electronic Medical Record, EMR, other) critical events and service recovery of an investigation into patient/visitor/physician/staff complaints.
20. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
21. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. **Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):**
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
Must have a Bachelor's Degree with a major in nursing; a Master's degree in nursing is preferred. Internal candidates for the position must have a Bachelor's Degree with a major in nursing; a Master's degree in a relevant discipline (nursing, business, healthcare administration, etc.) is preferred. Alternatively, the internal candidate must be actively enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program with a major in nursing as a condition of employment. The applicant must have a minimum of five-seven (5-7) years of progressively more responsible nursing supervisory positions with at least three (3) years nursing experience in a management position in an acute care health system. The applicant is preferred to have a management certification or a clinical certification.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinics Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: ambulatory, care unit, domiciliary, intensive, intensive care, maternal, neonatal, registed, staff nurse, surgical
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...