Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Scientific Research
Loading some great jobs for you...
I. **Basic Purpose:**
Cuts, mounts, stains and studies specimens of human tissue to provide data on functioning of tissues and organs, causes and/or progress of disease, following established standards and practices.
II. **Major Duties and Responsibilities:**
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Maintains established corporate departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with official rules and regulations as well as the health care systems' policies, procedures, and organizational requirements.
4. Cuts, mounts, and stains specimens of human tissue.
5. Examines slides to maintain quality control for routine and special staining.
6. Prepares and maintains paraffin, reagents, and other solutions and stains according to standard formulas.
7. Maintains department records, and files as required.
8. Assists with care and maintenance of department equipment and supplies.
9. Maintains good relations with medical staff, and other departments as well as other clients that use histology services; notifies supervisor of problems encountered in dealing with physicians, nurses, clients, or other personnel.
10. Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
11. Attends meetings as required.
12. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
13. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. **Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):**
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
> Must have high school or equivalent; graduate from an accredited program of Histology; sufficient previous experience.
> Certified as a Histology technologist with State of Florida license Primary Source online verification required directly from State of Florida Licensing database.
> ASCP certification preferred.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinics Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
Associated topics: aseptic, biopharma, dietary, disease, food scientist, immuno oncology, immunoassay, patient, pharmaceutical, pharmacology
Loading some great jobs for you...