Accountability for the recording, classification, and summary of transactions and events of a financial nature for related corporate entities. Reviews and verifies all statistical data to ensure accurate and timely financial reports. Coordinates & facilitates the aspects of design, validation, display, and analysis for analytically challenging projects. Provide in-depth analysis in special projects to support decision making by Managers, Administrator and Governing Body.
II. **Major Duties and Responsibilities:**
1. Complies with established corporate and departmental policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance methods, and safety codes. Demonstrates compliance with licensing, regulatory and accrediting agency provisions as required.
2. Consistently demonstrates appropriate and professional communication behavior toward patients, customers, and coworkers. Cooperates with Management and peers to promote an environment of teamwork and collaboration.
3. Maintains and directs all computer system and adapts programs to changing needs.
4. Develops a strong understanding of internal systems and the integrity of data that flows through them.
5. Maintains departmental reports and records and collects statistical data for administrative and regulatory purposes.
6. Prepares, reviews and analyzes corporate entity financial statements, balance sheet and actual vs. budget variance explanations for Administration and governing board.
7. Collaborates with Managers in the preparation, analysis and presentation of financial reports and statistics to the governing board and Administration.
8. Assists in developing departmental budgets in collaboration with department managers and Administration.
9. Prepares and analyzes monthly bank reconciliation for assigned entities.
10. Provides technical assistance to departments in the financial evaluation/assessment of new programs/services.
11. Monitors contract compliance and collaborates with other departments to ensure timely renewals or discontinuance of payment.
12. Analyzing data and presenting to end user in a meaningful manner.
13. Develops and maintains a strong relationship with departments to aide mangers in understanding and analyze budget comparatives and other financial and statistical data.
14. Prepares necessary materials for regular audits and works with auditors. Plans, coordinates and prepares for year-end audits. Ascertains that the properties of the hospital are properly accounted for and reconciled.
15. Prepare and collaborate with outside accounting and management consulting firms in the preparation if financial feasibility.
16. Attends meetings as required.
17. Participates in educational programs and in-service meetings.
18. Maintains annual mandatory education requirements specific to position as mandated by Martin Health System.
19. Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
III. **Minimum Requirements (experience, training, and education):**
To effectively fulfill this position, candidate must meet the following requirements:
> Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
> Previous experience in hospital accounting, budgeting or financial analysis helpful.
> Must possess strong computer skills in Excel and other Microsoft Office applications, expertise in business administration; technical and professional accounting skills; ability in financial and operational systems.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities