Assistant Manager - Bergen County (Rahway)
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Assistant Site Manager is responsible for assisting in managing, overseeing and ensuring the successful administrative, financial and operational aspects of a CityMD site. Essentially, an Assistant Manager is accountable for:
- Supporting a patient-centric urgent care experience from welcome to departure of the facility
- Fostering an inviting and hospitable environment where the patient feels appreciated and well-cared for
- Aiding in an experience where the patient will want to come back and refer their family and friends to CityMD
- Assisting the physician with basic patient care and medical procedures
- Assisting site managers with directing patient flow, inventory, and following up on labs
- Managing the performance of the front desk operation; understanding at all times of how many patients have visited the site, whether there are any delays in the registration process, and what follow-up needs to be conducted after a patient is discharged
- Assisting the Site Manager in preparing the schedule for non-providers (physician scheduling is not done by the assistant manager)
- Ordering all medical supplies, medications, vaccinations and office supplies for the site
- Opening and closing the site as required
- Assisting the site manager in administrative and operational responsibilities; provide coverage when the site manager is not on the premises
- Building strong positive communication with physicians and works as a team to enhance the success of the practice
- Ensuring staff maintains professionalism at all times, coaching, managing, disciplining and developing the staff when site manager is not present
- Managing the PCRs from interviewing, performance, promotion, discipline, etc.
Business and Patient Management
- Maintaining patient confidentiality in accordance to policy and procedure as well as HIPAA requirements
- Interacting with patients (and families) at discharge in a courteous and respectful manner, resolving disputes, and reviewing patient satisfaction cards
- 1-3 years of managing experience a must (urgent care, medical practice, hospital, retail, hospitality or restaurant industries)
- Bachelor s Degree in Hospitality Management, Hotel/Restaurant Management, Business or other applicable degree preferred (will consider relevant management experience in lieu of degree)
- Happy and positive thinking, able to project this attitude around others
- Must exhibit passion for outstanding results and compassion for those we work with and serve
- Good computer skills (knowledge of a PC, Microsoft Office programs)
- Great leadership qualities a must
- Able to handle group dynamics (help bringing unity to a diverse group)
- Able to troubleshoot when necessary
- Comfortable with constructive confrontation and counseling management
- Has an entrepreneurial spirit and takes a proactive approach to business operations
- Bilingual language skills required or preferred based on site location.
This job will require long shifts, weekend, closing, opening shifts (will depend on schedule necessary at facility) and must work on-site.
The job may require from time to time lifting heavy objects on a regular basis, doing repetitive tasks with few breaks, and requiring light cleaning. Heavy computer use required.
The Assistant Site Manager will be responsible for directly managing the Patient Care Representatives (PCRs).
- A friendly and fast paced environment working with passionate people
- Outstanding growth opportunities
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability, HSA and Life Insurance
- 401K plan with company matching contribution (after 90 days)
- Cash Bonus Programs
- Opportunity for Overtime hours
- Recognition and rewards programs to recognize successful teams
- Other Perks & Discounts
- Commuter and parking discount program to help you save (using pretax dollars)
- Coffee, teas and healthy snacks!
*Full Time Benefit Eligible Employees Only
Equal Opportunity Employer
CityMD provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, race, color, religion, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (including transgender status), national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, and local laws.
CityMD cares about the safety of our employees and applicants. CityMD does not use chat rooms for job searches or communications. CityMD will never request personal information via informal chat platforms or unsecure email. CityMD will never ask for money or an exchange of money, banking or other personal information prior to the in-person interview. Be aware of potential scams while job seeking. Interviews are conducted at select CityMD locations during regular business hours only. For information on job scams, visit, or file a complaint at
Loading some great jobs for you...