PROCESS CONTROL ENGINEER-*Previously Advertised (Former applicants see position summary)
Compensation: $69,045.00 - $127,580.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Advertising/Marketing/Public Relations
Loading some great jobs for you...
*Previously Advertised: Former applicants that ranked are still under consideration and do not need to reapply.
The City of Fort Lauderdale is seeking dynamic and goal-driven employees. Employees that are motivated to take on today's greatest challenges and rewards in the field of local public service. Employees who are passionate about making a difference and achieving our mission: We Build Community, in a fast-paced organization that operates by vision, strategy, and action. Would you fit in? Apply now.
This is professional and technical work of more than average difficulty in the analysis, design, construction and troubleshooting of computerized process control and industrial networking systems that supports the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system in the Public Works Department.Analyzes, designs, constructs, and troubleshoots computerized process control and industrial networking systems that supports the Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system and performs related work with instruments, equipment (flow meters) for water and wastewater facilities, pump stations networks and systems.
An employee in this class is responsible for the operation and modification of controls, instrumentation, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), networking devices, operator interface software, and other related computer based systems required by the Public Works Division in the operation of treatment plants and related facilities. Employee works under the general direction of Public Works management and exercises reasonable initiative and independent judgment in carrying out work assignments and completion of projects. Work is reviewed by a Division Manager through conferences with superiors, direct observation, and evaluation of results achieved.
This job classification is included within the bargaining unit represented by Federation of Public Employees and therefore is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement between the City of Fort Lauderdale and Federation of Public Employees.
NOTE: The duties of this position will include all of those duties set forth in the official job description. ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
JOB REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Supervises the work of assigned staff; delegates and reviews work assignments; conducts performance evaluations and provides recommendations as required.
- Maintains and improves the control systems that affect treatment, distribution, and collection of wastewater.
- Designs, maintains, modifies, upgrades, and retires Human Machine Interfaces and Server/Workstation systems
- Performs network administration of switches, routers and firewalls used in SCADA, access control, and security; creates and updates SCADA security policies, procedures, and standards
- Evaluates existing and new automated systems, equipment, and software programs; submits written recommendations regarding potential use to enhance process control operations.
- Installs, calibrates, and maintains instrumentation required for the operation of the plant, well field, lift stations, tanks and ; maintains updated and accurate records of instrument calibrations
- Initiates, develops, and completes projects relating to process control, industrial networking, end user support, and new computer hardware.
- Be familiar with budgeting and procurement processes.
- Serves as a technical advisor in planning, designing, and installing new instrumentation and process control equipment and systems
- Ensures compliance with safety regulations and standard operating procedures, be familiar with SDS documentation.
- Knowledge of camera, sensors, programmable logic controls (PLC), and related equipment
- Works around high voltage, rotating equipment and various hazardous chemicals.
- Performs related work as required
1. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in chemical, mechanical or electrical engineering, computer science or a closely related field.
2. Have at least three (3) years experience in the installation, maintenance, repair, programming and configuration of computer control systems, instrumentation and SCADA, including PLCs, process control, closed loop controllers and process control software; one (1) year of which must have been related to process plant or utilities operations.
3. Possess and maintain a valid Florida driver's license. HOW TO APPLY/ VETERAN INFORMATION:
Depending on the number of applicants and the quality of their education and experience, the examination may consist of one or more of the following tests: Evaluation of Training and Experience, Oral Interview, Written Examination, or other assessment method. Applicants must attain a minimum score of 70 in each part of the examination in order to qualify. All successful applicants may be required to take a medical examination and/or pass a drug screening prior to appointment.
An eligible veteran who enters an open-competitive examination shall receive preference points added to the total passing score earned in the examination as provided for in the Florida Statutes. To obtain veteran's preference, candidates MUST submit a copy of separation papers and the City of Fort Lauderdale's veteran's preference claim form (J204) at time of application.
The City of Fort Lauderdale is AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO) AND AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender (including identity or expression), marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or any other protected classification as defined by applicable law (except as limited by Personnel Rules, Collective Bargaining Agreements, or bona fide occupational qualifications).
In compliance with the Drug-Free Workplace
Act of 1988, the City of Fort Lauderdale is committed to providing a safe, quality-oriented and productive work environment consistent with the standards of the community in which it serves. Alcohol and drug abuse poses a threat to the health and safety of City's community builders and to the security of the City's equipment and facilities. For these reasons, the City is committed to the elimination of drug and alcohol use and abuse in the workplace.Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
protects qualified individuals with disabilities from employment discrimination. Under the ADA, a person has a disability if he has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits a major life activity.The physical demands described within the job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job . In compliance with the ADA, the City of Fort Lauderdale will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Associated topics: adapter, bsee, circuit, diagram, dsp, renewable, rf, schema, stationary engineer, wire
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...