Medical Director (Castle Rock)
Compensation: $181,480.00 - $181,480.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Allied Health
Loading some great jobs for you...
Location Mesa, Arizona, United States of America Category Operations Posted Date: 01/08/2020 Job Id 19016298
CIGNA Medical Group (CMG) is a core business unit of CIGNA Healthcare of Arizona which operates 21 healthcare centers (clinics), with ancillary components including 1 lab, 8 imaging centers, an outpatient surgery center and 3 Urgent Care facilities.
This position combines clinical practice of primary care (50%) with change agent/leadership duties (50%).
A CMG Medical Director will serve as the key medical administrator overseeing the clinical activities of the Primary Care and some Specialty practices within the cluster of healthcare centers that compose a local market or Pod (a group of several healthcare centers within a distinct geographic region that are linked to specific external specialty groups and hospitals to create a medical village concept). This position will work in collaboration with operations partners to further the goals of CMG by acting as a change agent for practicing clinicians within the assigned Pod in the areas of quality, service, people, finance and growth.
In collaboration with operations partners, he/she leads the Pods team of clinicians in the delivery of quality medical care and ensures positive customer experiences as a result of excellence in all daily operations. This leader will report to the Senior Medical Director, and will work closely with matrix partners to advance the patient care delivery model at the local center and Pod levels.
1-RESPONSIBILITIES (leadership: in collaboration with diad operations partners)
- Leads physician engagement within the Pod
- Change agent for clinicians in clinical practice to achieve triple aim of better clinical outcomes, better patient experience and enhanced efficiencies. Responsible for involving clinical teams to improve the individual experience of care for patients within the Pod.
- Ensures consistency of the practices and is accountable for quality of care/patient experience within his/her Pod to align to the CMG care delivery model as it evolves and changes
- Drives standardization and reduction of variability in workflow and across common clinical conditions. Supports efficiency efforts within the Pod
- Ensures appropriate referral patterns within clinical practices in his/her Pod
- Engages in clinical process improvement at Pod level (and as rolled out across CMG as best practices or new programs.
- Manages the selection process, development, and performance of the physicians who report to him/her
- Implements programs and is responsible for utilization management outcomes within the Pod
- Manages non-CMG specialty Joint Operating Committees relationships.
- Provides primary care for CMG patients deemed to fall within the scope of his/her specialty (Family Medicine or Internal Medicine).
- Diagnoses and treats patients for disorders on a general level without restriction to special systems or regions of the body: serves as the general practitioner to patients for general diagnostic and therapeutic medical care.
- Coordinates care of patients using team model as established by CMG: utilizes appropriate resources, programs (including all aspects of Custom Care programs), and team members as CMG care delivery model evolves
The Medical Director is the primary manager of the 12 - 30 clinicians within a geographic market which is comprised of 2 5 locations. He/she has accountability for leading and engaging clinicians (working in conjunction with operations partners) to optimize the performance of individuals within the health care centers located within a specific region. Additional departmental and/or programmatic oversight and/or participation as assigned.
This position requires that the incumbent be a licensed and board certified (or grandfathered within CMG credentialing processes) primary care physician with previous leadership experience. Achievements are largely dependent on successful interactions with operations diad partner, clinicians within the Pod, and CMG medical leadership partners.
Strong clinical fundamentals are a requirement. Individual will be accountable for communicating and driving change at the individual clinical practice level.
- Doctorate Degree in Medicine (MD or DO).
- Current Board Certification in Primary Care specialty (or grandfathered within CMG credentialing processes)
Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, age, disability, sex, childbirth (including pregnancy) or related medical conditions including but not limited to lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or familial status, genetic information, status with regard to public assistance, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable equal employment opportunity laws.If you require an accommodation based on your physical or mental disability please email: ...@cigna.com. Do not email ...@cigna.com for an update on your application or to provide your resume as you will not receive a response.
Location Peoria, Arizona, United States of America Category Operations Posted Date 12/13/2019
Location Phoenix, Arizona, United States of America Category Operations Posted Date 10/15/2019
Employment with Cigna, including employment within the LDP program, is at-will; that is, it is not for a specified period of time and can be terminated at any time for any reason, with or without cause or notice, by me or by Cigna. LDP programs, policies and processes may be changed by Cigna at any time.
Associated topics: ad, cmo, community, festival, major gift, marketing, policies, principle gift, twitter, university relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...