Associate Chief Medical Officer (Livonia)
Compensation: $115,393.33 - $153,580.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
As a member of the Executive Management team, the Associate Chief Medical Officer for the Market is responsible for reviewing, recommending, and implementing, clinical protocols, performance objectives, productivity benchmarks, compliance measures, provider workflow planning and provider scheduling. The position also serves as coach/mentor/trainer to staff providers, giving guidance in best practices, troubleshooting of medical services and operations issues in priority of urgency according to TVHC policy and FQHC standards. The ACMO for the Market represents the Clinic at required meetings with affiliated agencies. As a licensed MD, the ACMO for the Market will also provide direct patient services in addition to their duties in administration.
This position is a bridge between a people leader and market leader.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Brings together primary and multi-specialty care experts with ancillary medical services, including dental, pharmacy and acupuncture under one roof. Maximizes doctors and services in one shop to deliver coordinated and collaborative health care that enhances quality outcomes, efficiency, and the patient experience.
- Values a positive and welcoming approach to patient care, particularly for underserved seniors with low to moderate incomes.
- Advocates wellness for patients along the health continuum, from intensive, preventive care to treating multiple, complex, chronic illnesses. Invests in our patients by implementing strategies that help prevent complications from chronic complex medical problems.
- Takes ownership of patient outcomes. Participates in doctors meetings three times a week to present their patients to the entire group to enhance accountability and collaboration, as well as foster ongoing innovation.
- Utilizes customized, end-to-end technology designed to support every aspect of the ChenMed model and culture. This technology also enhances performance in practices that share a similar culture, health care philosophy, and patient mix.
- Oversees the medical services of 2-3 medical clinics and 4 to 8 plus physicians in a specific market according to our protocol.
- Hires, manages and mentors primary care physicians as a clinical leader. Directly responsible for talent selection and development including but not limited to: leading candidate interview panels, facilitated practice (shadowing physicians), 1:1s, leadership development plan execution, and performance management.
- Directly manages both primary care and one additional clinical functional area (e.g., transitional care or cardiology)
- Leads our physician providers in weekly morbidity and mortality meetings and participates in market leadership, executive, and recruiting meetings
- Supports the development and cultivation of positive relationships with local specialists and the medical community under the guidance of the market chief medical officer.
- Manages clinical teams to adhere to standard operating procedures on coding, HEDIS and other evidence based medicine.
Cultivates a uniform clinical culture, clinical values, clinical approach, incentives and performance values for our provider.
Other duties as assigned and modified at managers discretion.
Additional Job Description
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Current, relevant, and substantial knowledge of areas related to health center licensing and operations, e.g., legal/regulatory, administrative, policy, protocols, and other clinical issues, especially within a managed care environment, required.
- Knowledge and understanding of mid-level supervision agreements and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team, in collaborative settings, required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Understands and is committed to maintaining highest level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to staff and to build the trust and respect of patients, staff, colleagues, external contacts, and other MT members.
- Able to motivate staff; promote team building; assume leadership role within clinical arena.
- Excellent problem-solving skills required, including creativity, resourcefulness, timeliness, and technical knowledge related to analyzing and resolving medical/administrative problems.
- Sensitivity to needs of culturally and linguistically diverse patient and employee population.
- Excellent emotional coping skills, adequate to confront difficult emotional situations and emotional responses of others.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed the Service Excellence Standards of TVHC, Inc
- Willingness and ability to work some evenings and weekends, as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computer technology and to willingness to develop and adapt to the evolving technological requirements of modern medical health center practices required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Board certification, or Board eligible, in a major primary care specialty field of practice.
- Current, valid license to practice medicine including DEA license and CPR, required.
- Strongly prefer minimum one (1) year experience in progressively responsible administrative or management-related positions within a primary health care environment, preferably in medically needy and underserved communities and in a community health center setting.
- Previous experience supervising providers and other clinical staff is essential, with demonstrated record of success.
- Strongly prefer (1) one year previous experience as Associate Medical Director with a Medicare or Medicaid patient population.
- Previous experience providing services and exercising leadership in a culturally and linguistically diverse setting, with demonstrated success.
- Previous experience working within a managed care environment strongly preferred, especially with experience in administrative/management capacity.
We'd love to hear from you and tell you more about our unique approach to senior healthcare.
Associated topics: bilingual, care physician, clinic, family practice physician, hospitalist, nocturnist, practitioner, primary, urgent, urgent care
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...