Location : CityStateForPosting New York, NY
Job Type Full-Time Staff
iCIMS ID 2019-12882
About The Brand
Viacom has a clear vision: to be the premier destination where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best entertainment to our global audiences, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees. Through television, film, digital content, live events, merchandise, studio production and more, we connect with billions of people in nearly every country in the world. At Viacom, you will have the opportunity to develop your professional career at the home of iconic brands like BET, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon, Paramount and others.
Overview and Responsibilities
The Ad Sales organization at Viacom is in the midst of a transformation. The organization, its design and Human Capital practices are evolving in step with the changes in the advertising sales business models and its competitive landscape. This position leads our efforts in this change and transformation to enable sales growth across linear, digital and other emerging revenue models.
The position requires the individual to be a Human Resources professional with a focus on analytics, data management, financial modelling and visualization. This position would drive the Human Capital agenda, lead work force planning & budgeting, develop and report stakeholder linked workforce metrics / dashboards and drive Organization Effectiveness. Additionally, the position would focus on delivering to stakeholder by optimizing key levers of Performance and Rewards in close collaboration with our HR COEs. An essential part of the role would be building strong relationships with HR and line leadership, requiring technical knowledge and business awareness.
Workforce Planning, Budgeting & Management Information Systems
- Spearhead the workforce planning process for the sales organization
- Manage budgeting process for the Sales organization by joining efforts with Finance Leads, Business Units & HR Centre of Excellences (COEs)
- Build and improve productivity benchmarks and metrics and uncover trends that drive key business & workforce decisions
- Design and implement of people dashboard to enable decision-making for HR and functional leaders
- Build and establish periodic MIS for reporting of people budgets and spending
- Lead the Sales organizations effort in people data integration across multiple organization systems like People Soft and other central systems and reporting tools like Visier
- Link to FP&A and controllership to ensure proper accounting
Managing Organization Optimization
- In partnership with the central Org Effectiveness team, evaluate and recommend organization design and structure linked to Business strategy and Value Chain. Optimize resource distribution between growth and stable business
- Network extensively and develop external market insights on org design, resource distribution, skills and talent
- Build OE metrics for success
- Build, implement and maintain talent and workforce data models and dashboards/reports through the utilization of various analytical & statistical approaches
- Partner with business, HR and central Org effectiveness team in launch and set up new revenue lines through optimal organization design, structure and workforce plan in line with short & long-range plans
- Translate data findings into succinct, actionable insights in coordination with partners across the business & COEs
- Lead the execution of people transformation agenda for the sales organization
Managing Leadership and Individual Performance
- Accountable for implementation of Performance management system for the sales organization
- Establish people performance / success metrics with its lead and lag indicators across functions to enable organizational success
- Create and deploy leadership score cards in accordance with organizational success metric with focus on achievement of long terms and short-term organizational objectives across financial and organizational goals
- Establish and execute process to cascade and review goals and rating calibration
- Lead identification and management of high performing talent leading to development and retention of such talent
- Establish people metric dashboards to enable Talent Analytics
Compensation and Rewards
- Work with the central compensation COE to build compensation design as an effective tool to communicate management intent across key business indicators for all sub functions within the sales organization.
- Analyze sales performance to recommend design of incentives / commissions for varied revenue teams within sales organization.
- Work with the central compensation COE to establish and maintain job family and band based compensation to ensure external and internal equity
- Lead compensation and incentive review process for the sales organization across dynamic compensation revision cycles
- Partner with the central compensation team to use job evaluation or other job banding approaches to create job levels and bands to enable career progression and rewards
- 8-12 Years of experience in Strategic Human Resources including 4-5 years dedicated to Human Capital transformation involving financial planning, budgeting, performance and rewards linkage preferably with incentive compensation
- Bachelor's preferably in Engineering/Technology, Science or Business Administration
- Postgraduate with a specialization in HR/ Finance preferred
- Deep understanding of Human Capital practices and its linkage to Business outcomes
- Basic understanding of business finance
- Advanced analytical skills and statistical knowledge
- Prior consulting experience in Human Capital practice with Fortune 500 companies
- Understanding of compensation, performance management framework and OE processes
- Strong ability to work in a multi stake holder environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast, high intensity, deadline driven environment, dealing with multiple projects
- Ability to structure complex and ambiguous problems to develop insights & approaches
- Strong organization and project management skills, with attention to detail
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.