Loading some great jobs for you...
One of our four feast days, the Spirituality at Work Feast Day celebration happens around Labor Day. During this celebration, we recognize not only why we work, but also those we are blessed enough to work with.
BaylorSt. Lukes Medical Center
A quaternarycare facility that is home of the Texas Heart Institute, a world-classcardiovascular research and education institution founded in 1962 by Denton A.Cooley, MDconsistently ranked as one of the nations best in CardiovascularServices & Heart Surgery.
The first hospital in Texas and the Southwest designated a Magnet hospital forNursing Excellence by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, receiving theaward four consecutive times. Baylor St. Lukes is home to three freestandingcommunity emergency centers (Holcombe, Pearland, and San Felipe) offering adultand pediatric caretreating more than 51,000 patients annually. The hospitalholds a collaborative partnership with Baylor College of Medicine andaffiliations with The University of Texas Medical School at Houston, TheUniversity of Texas Medical Branch (Galveston), Houston Baptist University, andPrairie View A&M University.
Responsible for the delivery of excellence in patient care throughassessing, formulating nursing diagnoses and establishing goals, planning andimplementing intervention and evaluating patient care outcomes. With the staffnurse's professional practice he/she Responsible for participating in andmaintaining quality, cost effectiveness and guest relations. Provide patient care in compliance withhospital policies and procedures and the standards of professional nursingpractice as defined by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
Education: Bachelor's Degree (BSN), CommunityHospitals Associates Degree
Licensure: Registered Nurse (RN) as recognized by the Texas State Boardof Nursing
Certifications: BLS ACLS and Pals
At least 0 -one (1) year of RN experience
Demonstrated competence in Registered Nurse I performance expectations ormeets experience requirements upon hire
Minimum Knowledge,Skills, and Abilities:Strong interpersonal, communication, andorganizational skills. Effectively utilizesAIDET and SBAR communication methods
1. Utilizes the nursing process to ensure appropriatepatient care is provided in a cost effective, quality driven, and patientfocused manner. Collects pertinent social, psychological, developmental andspiritual data from the patient, significant others and other health care teammembers.
2. Performs as ongoing assessment, formulates nursingdiagnosis and goals, plans appropriate interventions, and evaluates the outcomeof the interventions.
3. Consistently documents in the patient and unit recordsaccording to written health system standards of care in order to meet legal andquality patient care requirements.
4. Provides appropriate teaching and information to patientsand families including information on Pain Management, Nutrition, SkinIntegrity, Fall prevention, Diabetes, Disease Process, Smoking Cessation, andDischarge instructions
5. Demonstrates commitment to the goals and values of thepatient, Hospital, community and nursing profession through cost containmentmeasures, maintaining confidentiality, appropriate ethical decision making,and ensuring patient safety.
6. Uses interventions substantiated by research asappropriate in the patient population, Participates in research activities,identifies opportunities for research, and collaborates with the Outcomesmanagers and department.
7. Participates in quality of care activities, evaluates thequality and the effectiveness of nursing practice. Assists in collectingquality data, analyzes the data, and formulates action plans to improve qualitycare.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in position.
As part of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI), one of the nations largest health systems, CHI St. Lukes Health is dedicated to a mission of enhancing community health through high-quality, cost-effective care. We are home to the Texas Heart Institute (THI), eight hospitals, eight emergency centers, Diagnostic & Treatment Center, Radiation & CyberKnife Center, and several St. Lukes Medical Group locations throughout Greater Houston. Our additional markets include CHI St. Lukes Health Memorial (three hospitals and a long-term acute carefacility in East Texas); St. Joseph Health System (five hospitals and several St. Joseph Medical Group locations across Brazos Valley); and CHI St. Lukes Health Brazosport in Lake Jackson.
In partnership with our physicians and community partners, we are committed to excellence and compassion in caring for the whole person while creating healthier communities. Learn more about our mission-based culture at CHIStLukesHealth.org.
Consistent with our Core Values, Catholic Health Initiatives employers are EEO/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled Employers. Qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected characteristic
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Launch your career - Create your profile now!Create your Profile
Loading some great jobs for you...