Case Management is a collaborative process of assessment, planning, facilitation, and advocacy for options and services to meet a patient's health needs and promoting quality cost-effective outcomes. The goal of care coordination is to help patients achieve optimal health, gain access to services and manage the appropriate utilization of internal resources, balanced with patient's rights to self determination.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
1. Coordinates discharge plans for patients
2. Identifies complex discharge planning needs
3. Manages the use of internal resources for patients plan of care
4. Facilitates discharge to next level of care ( TCU, Rehab, Long Term Acute Care )
5. Participate in daily discharge team meetings
6. Interacts professionally with patient/family/physicians and other disciplines and involved them in formation of plan of care.
Non-essential Job Responsibilities
* Other duties as assigned by management
2. Enhances knowledge, develops skills, uses talents and establishes goals in order to reach one's fullest potential.
Required Education (for CHI Leadership Job Levels from Supervisor through President)
Does Not Apply
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
Nursing degree from an approved school of nursing. Baccalaureate nursing degree preferred. Licensed to practice registered nursing in the state of ND or in a compact state.
Required Minimum Experience
2-3 years of clinical experience, predominately in medical/surgical nursing.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and maintain the department's productivity standard in the management of the work assigned. Ability to form positive, collaborative relationships with hospital staff, patients, families and post-acute providers. Ability to problem solve in a proactive, creative manner, using sound judgment based on factual information and clinical knowledge.
Ability to work independently. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
PREFERRED Education and/or Experience
Case Management, discharge planning or utilization review experience preferred.
* Requisition ID: 2000000002
* Schedule: Full-time
* Market: CHI St. Alexius Health