NDT Engineer - ASNT Level III
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Carpenter's Latrobe Specialty Metals operations, based in Latrobe, Pa.,
manufacture high-performance specialty alloys serving aerospace, energy and other demanding markets. Carpenter acquired Latrobe in 2012 to increase capacity to meet strong customer demand and to broaden the company's product mix. Latrobe employs more than 1,000 dedicated production, maintenance and salaried staff and continues a century-long legacy of leadership in metals technology. Latrobe is part of the corporation's Specialty Alloys Operations division.Quality NDT SpecialistPRIMARY DUTIES
- Proactively improve NDT and other processes and product Quality at Carpenter to increase First Time Through (FTT) using quality best practices.
- Drive the establishment of Critical to Quality measures (CTQ), Key Process Characteristics (KPC), Key Control Characteristics (KCC), control plans and FMEA.
- Increase customer satisfaction by reducing claims, remakes, scrap and deviations from standard work.
- Improve critical work center Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE).
- Establishes a framework for gathering and synthesizing data to effectively detect and solve quality issues to prevent recurrence using appropriate quality strategies, tools and techniques.
- Stabilize NDT and other processes and implement process controls (SPC) to establish and maintain process capability using statistical methods.
- Master complex NDT, inspection, measurement and sampling methods and lead efforts for method improvements (MSA).
- Facilitate developing robust processes as part of the New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Establish and implement calibrations, tests, analyses, and evaluation of NDT processes.
- Administers and participates in the establishment of a program for preventative maintenance and calibration of production nondestructive testing equipment. Maintain records, logs, and other formal documentation required for specific nondestructive calibrations, evaluations and certification.
- Administers and participates in the establishment of the qualification program for nondestructive testing personnel and procedures. Review nondestructive testing specifications accompanying customer orders or inquiries and assist in the review of specification abstracts.
- Participate in both internal and external audits of the Company's quality program as it pertains to the application of nondestructive testing.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Four year college degree or demonstrated equivalent experience as determined by the department management. Must possess or obtain Carpenter Level III credentials within 6 months.
- Three to five years of relevant experience or equivalent as determined by department management.
- Experience facilitating cross-functional teams and applying continuous improvement methods.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a production environment.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Loading some great jobs for you...