Compensation: $88,790.00 - $132,490.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Carpenter's Latrobe Specialty Metals operations, based in Latrobe, Pa.,
manufacture high-performance specialty alloys serving aerospace, energy and other demanding markets. Carpenter acquired Latrobe in 2012 to increase capacity to meet strong customer demand and to broaden the company's product mix. Latrobe employs more than 1,000 dedicated production, maintenance and salaried staff and continues a century-long legacy of leadership in metals technology. Latrobe is part of the corporation's Specialty Alloys Operations division.METALLURGIST- TECHNOLOGYPRIMARY DUTIES
- Provides a range of technical services to internal and external customers supporting the attainment of Company and division goals.
- Demonstrates the ability to make disposition of referred, non-conforming and off-standard material, including but not limited to RMRs and customer claims.
- Applies statistical methods to solve problems and design experiments.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned
- Four year college degree in Metallurgical Engineering, Materials Science or related field.
- Typically up to 4 years experience preferred, combined with consistently strong performance or equivalent experience as determined by department management.
- Working knowledge of metallurgical principles, standards, methods and practices.
- Working knowledge of metallurgical and production equipment.
- Knowledge of statistical methods, six sigma and/or BPI practices.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and make appropriate decisions.
- Ability to access mill and manufacturing areas.
- Ability to travel.
- Ability to provide support and guidance to peers and manager in key projects and opportunities with minimal assistance.
- Ability to provide support and guidance to external customers in key projects and opportunities with moderate assistance.
- Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to support and participate on team efforts.
- Ability to assist internal and external customers.
- Demonstrates growth in the application of statistics and data analysis.
- Ability to lead small projects and direct work.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Associated topics: compound, dental, material, medical, metallic, metallographer, metallurgical, metallurgist, molecular, plastics
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...