Compensation: $87,245.00 - $129,580.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
The Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist will promote ways to improve the safety, quality of life and protect the environment in the communities in which the Company does business, along with the other responsibilities described here:
At Latrobe Specialty Metals, a Carpenter Technology Company, safety is not only a priority, its one of our core values! The Environmental, Health & Safety Specialist will promote ways to improve the quality of life and protect the environment in the communities in which the Company does business, along with the other responsibilities described below:
- Provides safety support under general supervision and problem solving to departmental resources on safety related issues as well as all Corporate facilities as needed.
- Air Monitoring, Noise level monitoring, Respirator Fit Testing, Ergonomic standards
- Orders the suspension of activities that pose threats to workers' health and safety.
- Identifies, recommends and implements measures to help protect employees from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Investigates accidents to identify root causes and makes recommendations on how to error-proof the process.
- Inspects and evaluates workplace environments, equipment and practices in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Collaborates with engineers to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions or equipment.
- Develops and conducts safety training and educational programs and demonstrates the use of safety equipment.
- Provides new employee health and safety orientations and develops material for these presentations.
- Collects samples of dust, gases, vapors and other potentially toxic materials and processes them for results.
- Coaches and mentors management on good safety observations practices.
- Develops and works with management to implement accountability standards and recognition programs.
- Leads multi-discipline problem solving teams for the Health and Safety Department.
- Conducts visual inspections, takes samples, and maintains documentation associated with facility's above ground storage tanks.
- Provides support to multiple locations as needed
- Other duties as assigned
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- Physical Hazard inspection
- Involved in tactical decision making
- Support of corporate facilities
- Hearing conservation programs
- Confined space programs
- Emergency preparedness
- Fall Hazard assessment/abatement
- JHA process
- Machine Safe Guarding
- Mobile Equipment safety
- Cranes and rigging
- Hazardous communication
- Heat Stress programs
- Incident investigations
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED
- minimum of 5 years of experience in safety related discipline, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience in leading large, complex, multi-disciplinary EHS projects
- Strong decision making skills
- Ability to run effective meetings
- Coaching, Counseling and mentoring skills
- Ability to influence others
- Conflict resolution skills
- Effective listening skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to handle difficult people
- Change management skills
Carpenter's Latrobe Specialty Metals operations, based in Latrobe, Pa., manufacture high-performance specialty alloys serving aerospace, energy and other demanding markets. Carpenter acquired Latrobe in 2012 to increase capacity to meet strong customer demand and to broaden the company's product mix. Latrobe employs more than 1,000 dedicated production, maintenance and salaried staff and continues a century-long legacy of leadership in metals technology. Latrobe is part of the corporation's Specialty Alloys Operations division.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.
Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit, develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with disabilities and protected veterans.
Associated topics: compliance, diligence, ehs, environment, health and safety, hygiene, recycling, safety, safety specialist, sewage
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...