* Employee Health Insurance for as low as $50/month; dependent coverage also available
* Company-provided Flexible Spending Account of up to $350/month
* This account comes with a debit card for easy access to funds when paying co-pays, prescriptions, etc.
* This can be used for dependent medical expenses.
* Can instead be used towards dependent health insurance premiums that are purchased through the company to lower the cost.
Short-term disability insuranceLong-term disability insurance with voluntary options availableCancer and critical illness insurance, dependents can be added at employee cost$15,000 in employee life insurance, voluntary options available for employee and dependentsUniforms and uniform laundering provided6 paid holidays401(k) with employer matchPaid time offVoluntary vision and dental insuranceVoluntary personal flexible spending account and/or dependent care accountVoluntary tool insuranceVoluntary accidental injury insurance
* The Shop Foreman carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures.
* The Shop Foreman directs and coordinates activities concerning the diagnosis and repair of heavy-duty trucks.
* High School graduate or GED required
* Diploma from Technical College or equivalent experience required
* Intermediate to advanced computer skills required
* 2 years' experience in heavy-duty truck repair
* CDL preferred
* Sign-on bonuses available (up to $10,000, depending on experience, and paid out over a few years)
* Recruiting bonus ($2,500 for each referral made that turns in a yearlong hire)
Coordinate the activities of mechanics in the diagnosis and repair of medium and heavy-duty trucks. Train mechanics in mechanical skills needed. Recommend equipment, materials, supplies, and parts required to repair medium and heavy-duty trucks, monitor warranty procedures followed by technicians. Coordinate repair and maintenance of service equipment. Review performance of mechanics and submit a report to the Service Manager. Assist the Service Manager in hiring and firing employees and Service Advisor in answering the phone.
* Document the customer's service requests
* Advise customers about necessary service for routine maintenance
* Identify the mechanical problem by questioning the customer and doing a visual inspection or road test
* Identify if the repair is warrantable and save parts when applicable
* Look up Federal Recalls and Safety Checks
* Open the repair order showing time, cost, and labor estimates for service and contact customer for approval to do the repairs
* Contact customers about additional problems found and recommend corrective procedure
* Get written authorization from the customer to perform the requested repairs
* Write a brief but clear description of the problem on the repair order to help the mechanic locate the problem
* Schedule service work to be done and assign to the mechanic
* Monitor repair progress to insure repairs are performed in a timely manner
* Review and close repair orders
* Explain the work performed to the customer and the cost
* Deal with customer complaints
Associated topics: community, corporate, director, facilities, housing assistant, housing property, luxury, manager iv, operations manager, supervisor