Principal Communications Associate - Strategy & Engagement -
Compensation: $134,440.00 - $127,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
NYC 299 Park Avenue (22957), United States of America, New York, New York
At Capital One, were building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Principal Communications Associate - Strategy & Engagement - Commercial Credit Risk & Analytics
Capital Ones Strategy & Engagement team, housed within the Commercial Credit Risk and Analytics (CR&A) Division, is responsible for driving strategic priorities, leading people initiatives, running operations, and also serves as the Chief of Staff function for the Chief Commercial Credit Officer. The teams contribution is critical in strategy and analytics, evaluating external and internal data, associate engagement, and training.
The team is seeking an associate to join the team and flex between both the engagement and analytics functions of the group. The associate will lead communications and change management activities for the organization, including internal communications and forums, leader speaking engagements, and operational transitions. In alignment with the operational activities the individual will oversee the department budget.
Specific accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading organizational communications, overseeing editorial calendar, and establishing success metrics and reporting for channels
- Driving consistency and clarity in change management, with a particular focus on current initiatives, including Policy changes / updates, intranet shift
- Overseeing monthly department financial results, ensuring our budget and forecast capture the most current estimation of expenses, leading strategic budgeting conversations, and partnering closely with the horizontal finance team to own the annual budgeting process
- Developing deep relationships with key stakeholders including Senior Leadership Teams, associate base, and key partners
- Securing external and internal speaking engagements for Senior Leaders
- Crafting a compelling executive-level story from data insights taking multiple perspectives into account
- Create opportunities for associate engagement, recognition, and partner with horizontal teams to publicize
- Supporting and effectively communicating a position on credit, the markets, and risk
- Formulating and implementing solutions, leveraging technology as much as possible
The associate will be an instrumental player in the Strategy & Engagement team, supporting and learning from senior and junior members across the CR&A organization.
Core competencies for the ideal candidate include:
- Demonstrated interest in financial services and keen desire to learn more about Commercial Banking to effectively communicate a leaders vision and strategy while connecting to associates priorities and needs
- Strategic and analytic orientation - a proven track record of decision making and problem-solving based on available data
- Excellent ability to adeptly draw connections across a matrixed organization
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, coupled with strategic influencing skills and the ability to drive agreement through intellect, interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Highly collaborative orientation and strong team player who places the best interests of the organization above personal objectives
- Ability to establish credibility, trust and support within all levels of the organization
- Aptitude for synthesizing complex issues into a clear and concise summary
- Proactive and results-oriented
Bachelor's Degree or military experience
At least 4 years of project management, communications, or consulting experience
At least 4 years of strategy consulting OR communications strategy
Keen interest in learning or a solid understanding of the financial services industry
Results-driven orientation, and ability to build strong relationships across the company at all levels
Ability to analyze and solve problems independently in an ever-changing environment
Proficiency in data analysis and in working with large data sets (including with database queries, data visualization tools, and in cloud-based environments)
Robust work-stream management skills, including thoughtful attention to detail and skillful balancing of multiple priorities
Exceptional written, oral & presentation skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...