Software Product Architect (Van Buren)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
In this role, you will report to the Sr. Director of Architecture and make intuitive high-level decisions for software development. You will see the big picture and create architectural approaches for software design and implementation to guide the development team.
A great software architect has a strong technical background and excellent IT skills. They are experienced in designing and possess ability to develop a unified vision for software characteristics and functions.
The goal is to provide a framework for the development of a software or system that will result in high quality IT solutions.
- Partner with customers and other software leads to develop a vision and roadmap for the BlackBerry AtHoc technical platform. Determine functional and non-functional requirements for new and existing software applications while defining all aspects of development from appropriate technology and workflow to coding standards
- Driving the design and integration of major new capabilities into the product line with senior developers, ensuring that product design and technology choices anticipate future needs, positioning us well for the long term, while efficiently satisfying short term market requirements and addressing security issues.
- Creating high quality, concepts, guidelines and working Prototypes / POCs to be used by development teams
- Leading, coaching and developing a team of software developers, developing best in class systems and processes for producing high quality software that is aligned with key architecture principles and choices.
- Oversee progress of development team to ensure consistency with initial design
- Develop high-level product specifications with attention to system integration and feasibility
- Ensure software meets all requirements of quality, security, extensibility and scalability.
- Benchmark and approve final product before launch
- 2-6 years or related experience and or entry level with internship related experience
- Proven leadership experience in providing innovative technical roadmaps
- Prior experience and interest in legacy modernization and converting legacy apps into microservices without disrupting business continuity
- Experience creating hybrid architectures using the cloud and on-prem installation models. Understanding of industry best practices and patterns for cloud services, automation and integration
- Prior experience and familiarity with emerging open source technologies and an ability to work independently with a willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies and methodologies
- Excellent knowledge of UML and other modeling methods
- Understanding of Software Quality Assurance principles
- Great business acumen with a passion to solve for the customer
- Strong leadership, critical thinking and analysis, verbal and written communication skills with strong analytical, problem solving and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- B.S./M.S. in computer science or equivalent
Job Family Group Name:
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Posted 17 Days Ago
BlackBerry (NYSE: BB; TSX: BB) is a trusted security software and services company that provides enterprises and governments with the technology they need to secure the Internet of Things. Headquartered in Waterloo, Ontario, the company is unwavering in its commitment to safety, cybersecurity and data privacy, and leads in key areas such as artificial intelligence, endpoint security and management, encryption and embedded systems. You couldnt choose a more exciting time to consider joining us! For more information, visit BlackBerry.com and follow @BlackBerry.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/P?rotected? Veteran/Disabled
Associated topics: .net, architect, architecture, design, develop, expert, java, php, software architect, software engineer lead
Loading some great jobs for you...