Resident Project Supervisor (Glendale)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Non-Executive Management
As the Resident Project Supervisor, you will work under direction of a Project Manager and provide field supervisory support to the general contractor with technical guidance. This is a contract position lasting about 6 months. The Resident Project Supervisor will need to be on site when work is being done, therefore you will work 5 - 6 days a week, possibly up to 10 hours a day. The project location is in California. This position qualifies for a per diem (meals and expenses).
- Verifies that established field policies and procedures are followed.
- Work with the Contractors field management to coordinate operations.
- Attends meetings with permit authorities.
- Maintain Project schedules and report to the Project Manager daily.
- Verifies any contractor change requests and recommends approval to Project Manager.
- Submits accurate, on-time weekly timesheets and expense reports to the Project Manager. Mileage to be documented on logs and via weekly photos of vehicle odometer reading.
- Report to Project Manager any irregularities and work to facilitate solutions to problems.
- Photograph site progress and submit daily, quantity, and safety reports to office.
- Communicate with office and send documentation as needed using a company-provided smartphone.
- Ability to read engineering drawings (sizes, locations, survey data, etc.)
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalent. Some technical or college preferred.
- OSP construction observation expereince preferred
- Technical engineering background is a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and documentation habits.
- Ability to interact and work with multiple stakeholders (Client, Contractor, Owner, Permit Authority, etc.)
- Knowledge of OSP construction techniques
- Able to interpret and explain applicable regulations, statutes, plans specifications and administrative functions.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors.
- Knowledge of large (over 2,000 ) directional bores is preferred
- Able to stand for long hours and traverse rough terrain.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Loading some great jobs for you...