Job Description Summary
Sales Training is responsible for developing, designing and delivering sales training. The goal is to improve knowledge and competencies around the execution of business unit and sales team objectives to improve sales skills, sales leadership, sales process, and sales automation adoption and to increase sales effectiveness and high impact results.Ideally this role is based out of our Baltimore, MD office but can be done remotelyResponsibilities:
- Consults with sales management, sales representatives and other departments on sales representative and manager challenges and coaching needs
- Consults with marketing, service, and contracts to continue to develop tools and train best practices for tool deployment in the field
- Assesses knowledge and skill level of sales associates and first line managers
- Designs horizontal training for on-boarding, basic and advanced sessions to improve sales execution and results
- Utilizes advanced tools and methodologies for training; delivers advanced level of classroom training and facilitation
- Provides training on sales process to sales force and first line managers
- Recognizes and identifies key impacts, measures and methods to improve sales skills, resulting in improved results
- Uses deep subject matter/functional expertise, influence and process skills to help internal/external customers and stakeholders identify and meet their high priority needs.
- Applies knowledge of the customer's business and industry to develop optimal solutions
- Champions and leads change initiatives; identifies the best approach for implementing strategic processes
- Proactively develops and maintains technical knowledge in specialized area(s), remaining up-to-date on current trends and best practices;
- Ability to support and train associates to perform demos and host successful key customer visits
- Support conferences where equipment will be demonstrated and coaching staff in best practices for demonstrations
- Designs and delivers competency-based sales training curriculum (clinical, product, financial and messaging skills) to support and reinforce business goals. Connects Business Unit solutions to customer needs through impactful sales process.
- Designs and delivers innovative, interactive training designed for immediate application in the field. Focuses on pre training, training, and post training approaches.
- Serves as a key conduit for transferring business unit knowledge to the sales force. Functions as a critical liaison, requiring the skills to assist the Subject Matter Experts (SME's) to develop materials that reflect the sales process and meet the learning needs of the sales force. This includes initial training, and reinforcement tools such as WBT, job aids, and new training tools.
- Drives the adoption of the BD Sales Process and related selling skills.
- Analyzes and identifies ongoing sales force training needs, requirements and objectives. Ensures timely updates to course curricula to reflect changes in solution offerings and market demands.
- Prepares oral and written participant evaluation and follow up with their managers
- Develops course content for special projects, such as regional training, product launches, and the National Sales Meeting.
- Manages the logistical planning and organizing of pretraining activities, and of all assigned sales training programs (class preparation and setup).
- Keeps informed of new training methods, techniques of competitors, and pending introduction of new product/services in order to ensure current and effective course curriculum for sales personnel
- Bachelor's Degree required
- Minimum 5 yr work experience
- Demonstrates comprehensive knowledge of acute health care market, customer challenges, market trends, BD value proposition(s), sales process
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of clinical laboratory technologies and process, as well successful sales and/or sales training experience related to diagnostic products.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of sales leadership principles, team development and adult learning principles
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the clinical, operational, financial, and regulatory impact of diagnostic preanalytical and analytical segments and the overall laboratory impact
- Demonstrates strong understanding and importance of business and sales processes
- Experience in clinical laboratory and/or understanding of preanalytical and microbiology laboratory workflow preferred
- 3 5 years sales or clinical background preferred
- Sales Training experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Ability to travel 50%
Primary Work Location
USA MD - Baltimore
Associated topics: administrative, branch manager, leader, principal, regional sales manager, sales director, sales leader, sales manager, team leader, territory manager