The Time & Benefits Specialist will be responsible for accurately processing payroll and maintaining benefit/deduction information, compile monthly and weekly payroll reports, maintain tax information and changes, and will serve as a payroll/benefit contact for employees and other HR personnel.
- Working with hourly employee and management correcting timesheets
- Work with benefits including FMLA , leaves of absences, health insurance, and follow state and federal guidelines as it relates to applicable laws
- Preparing weekly payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees while ensuring compliance with all federal/state/local regulations and company policies
- Responsible for all employee inquiries regarding payroll information/concerns
- Assists the HR Director with developing and maintaining wage and salary program
- Benefits: Provides support to employees during benefits open, FMLA, on boarding, workers compensation and related benefits responsibilities
- Maintain department records and reports in addition to recommending new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in efficiency and services performed.
- Communicate with Directors and Managers to ensure employee compliance.
- Completes other special projects and related duties and assignments as required.
- Ensure the timely and accurate completion of payroll processing including data entry of monthly commission payments, bonus payments, shift differentials and administration of union-specific pay rules
- Serve as a contact for time reporting issues through an automated Time and Attendance program
- Maintain benefit/deduction changes
- Balance payroll against time clock import
- Answer employee questions and troubleshooting issues
- Assist with implementing and conducting "Open Enrollment" on an annual basis
- Communicate extensively with Regional and Corporate Human Resources personnel regarding employee changes of status
- Compile monthly and/or weekly reports for all payroll deductions
- Monitor payouts of unused accrued paid time off
- Provide check reconciliation reports to the Accounting department
- Maintain Paid Time Off assignment and exceptions
- Provide backup assistance to other Payroll/ Administrators
- Research, calculate, request and distribute manual checks
- Audit payroll processing for accuracy
- High school diploma or equivalent, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years of combined experience in payroll processing and benefit administration is required
- Must be proficient with MS Excel and MS Word and Outlook
- Must possess a strong understanding of the HR function
- Must have an established work history of maintaining a high level of confidentiality, accuracy, detail and organization
- Experience with Kronos workforce- ready systems is highly preferred
- Must be able to speak, write and understand Spanish
- Experience in a multi-state, multi-location and/or unionized environment is highly preferred
Associated topics: benefit analyst, benefit consultant, bonus, compensation analyst, consultant, global compensation, payroll consultant, specialist, welfare, wellness