Ready to join a team committed to developing and commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate individuals to join us on this important mission.
AveXis, a Novartis company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene.
The Senior Product Manager, US Caregiver Engagement Marketing represents the voice of the Caregiver/Patient in the SMA community. The innovative team member will lead and direct the design, development, and execution of strategic and tactical caregiver/patient engagement marketing plans effectively supporting the commercial objectives of ZOLGENSMA. This role has responsibility for the identification and engagement of Caregivers/Patient in the SMA community, planning and execution of focus groups and generating insights, innovative peer-to-peer program, disease state and promotional medication education, speaker training, speaker content and materials for field-based training and non-personal promotional tools.
This role partners with entire ZOLGENSMA Marketing team, Senior Director of Corporate Communications, Senior Manager of Advocacy, Senior Manager of Marketing Operations, Field Leadership (including the Patient Resource Managers), Senior Director of Clinical operations along with other cross functional partners and vendors.
The Senior Product Manager position requires a highly motivated individual who can work independently, think strategically, and collaborate transversally to accomplish complex deliverables. Responsibilities
- Oversee strategy for the Caregiver/patient, along the entire treatment journey, from diagnosis, disease state education through adherence to ongoing treatment plans.
- Lead Caregiver/patient engagement strategy and effective/compliant implementation of all ZOLGENSMA marketing initiatives.
- Develop and maintain key opinion leader relationships in the Caregiver community by conducting field visits, attending Caregiver/patient congresses, speaker programs, partnering on consultant projects, and representing ZOLGENSMA at other events as needed.
- Collaborate with the overall marketing team and other internal stakeholders and communicate strategy and tactics broadly.
- Contribute to ZOLGENSMA brand plan and business with HCP/Professional Marketing.
- Develop KPIs and continually evaluate program effectiveness by targeted audiences.
- Benchmark ZOLGENSMA approach with industry best practices and continuously look for ways to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop and manage assigned budgets proactively and effectively.
- Manage the partnership between ZOLGENSMA and agencies, suppliers and/or vendors for assigned initiatives.
- Lead projects through the legal, regulatory and medical review process.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related degree.
- 10 years of industry experience in a prior role; Minimum 3 years of US pharmaceutical brand marketing experience.
- Experience in Caregiver/patient marketing, advertising, or medical education on a pharmaceutical/healthcare brand or in market development, patient advocacy, market research, sales/ sales management or training, market access and/or commercial development areas.
- Action-oriented and possess strong relationship/communication skills.
- Ability to partner appropriately and build consensus across department and the organization.
- Background and persona to inspire other colleagues on the team as well as gain their respect.
- Ability to question and evaluate, make recommendations (written and presentations), and participate in constructive dialogue.
- Demonstrated successes in one or more areas of marketing development, execution and measurement (e.g., market research, campaign development, program development, tactical implementation, ROI analysis).
- Leading to the development of innovative solutions for building anticipation, education and awareness, as well as improve the patient experience with brand.
- Leading the development of integrated communication plans to reach potential consumers along their various touchpoints, with an emphasis on digital and social media channels.
- 35-40%; including overnight/weekend commitments.
The level of this position will be based on the final candidate's qualifications.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
AveXis is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task