Avenue5 is growing, and we are in search of a leasing consultant to join our dynamic team of Fivers!
We are a vibrant third-party multifamily property management firm with locations across the United States. We are proud of our vibrant, inclusive, make-it-happen culture, where we:
- Listen to our associates, recognize them, and give them room to grow
- Invest in our associates to help them become the best version of themselves
- Approach every important decision with our associates in mind
- Celebrate our associates’ successes and encourage them to raise the bar even higher
About the Leasing Consultant Role
We’re looking for a talented leasing consultant who will be responsible for coordinating all activities related to apartment rentals, move-ins, move-outs, and lease renewals. The leasing consultant is also responsible for interacting directly with prospective and current residents to achieve maximum occupancy and ensure resident retention and client satisfaction.
Leasing Consultant Responsibilities and Objectives
- Ability to focus on the needs of others by listening, understanding, and showing empathy and respect.
- Ensures excellent customer service to prospective and current residents and promotes a quality living experience for all.
- Generates and handles traffic, qualifies prospective residents, leases apartments, prepares lease documentation, and completes move-in paperwork and processes.
- Ensures model apartments are in touring condition.
- Orients prospective and current residents to the property.
- Processes renewal paperwork and ensures documentation is delivered to current residents on a monthly basis.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of traffic activity by entering applicable information into the computer.
- Follows up with all prospective residents via phone, mail or email.
- Converts phone traffic into scheduled appointments with prospective residents in order to tour the property.
- Inspects apartments prior to resident move-ins and ensures apartments are in move-in condition by coordinating move-in/out needs and schedules with the maintenance team.
- Creates and maintains confidential resident files, which include reviewing move-in paperwork with new residents.
- Completes weekly leasing reports in accurate and timely fashion.
- Ensures all open and close procedures are completed daily.
- Assists with ongoing resident relations throughout the occupant’s tenancy by ensuring requests are responded to promptly and accurately.
- Responsible for shopping competitive properties.
- Inspects buildings and grounds to ensure safety and cleanliness, and alerts maintenance to items that need to be repaired.
- Assists with processing work order requests for residents and ensures work is completed in a timely manner.
- Supports management by providing clerical support such as answering phone calls, filing, and processing property invoices, as needed.
- May be asked to assist with planning and implementing resident activities in order to increase resident retention.
- Complies with all company policies, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma is required.
- Minimum of one year of previous sales experience is preferred.
- One year of previous residential leasing experiencing is preferred.
Skills and Requirements
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to others.
- Prior experience in Yardi Voyager or another equivalent system is preferred.
- Basic level knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively and sensitively communicate with all levels of management.
- Sensitivity to confidential matters is required.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment with a strong sense of urgency.
- Ability to relay technical concerns with adequate detail, quickly and accurately.
- Capability to read, write, comprehend, and converse in English.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, copier, and key track system.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to cope with and defuse situations involving angry or difficult people.
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license, clean driving record and current auto insurance is required.
- Must comply with all safety requirements.
- Required to complete and successfully pass the Avenue5 Fair Housing, Diversity and Inclusion Training within the first 30 days of employment.
- Required to maintain a regular schedule which may require working overtime, weekends and non-traditional holidays.
- May be required to be on-call and aid during staffing deficiencies on-site.
- Exposure to hot, cold, wet, humid, or windy conditions (temperatures may vary depending on the weather in the different regions).
- Exposure to noise, vibrations, atmospheric conditions, as well as working in confined or restricted spaces.
- Potential exposure to communicable diseases through frequent contact with public.
- Possible exposure to short-tempered or aggressive people.
- Potential exposure to chemicals, electrical shock, heights, mechanical parts or machines, and fire.
Avenue5 will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. These functions include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to lift, push and pull up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to walk around the property several times daily (up 10 miles a day).
- Ability to walk on uneven surfaces.
- Ability to climb several flights of stairs several times daily.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency required.
- Must be able to sit, stand, reach, bend, and stoop for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use standard maintenance equipment.
- Talking and expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Visual requirements including color, depth perception, and field vision.
- Ability to compare, copy, coordinate, synthesize, negotiate, communicate, and instruct.
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations.
- Ability to work under minimal to moderate supervision.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of functions and tasks. Over the length of employment these functions and tasks may change.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Avenue5 is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.