We Are Hiring
Emergency Nurses are invited to take the day off!
Do you enjoy the freedom of having your daytime hours to yourself?
Now is a great time to join our family of dedicated, highly skilled Emergency Registered Nurses who work the night shift at Ascension St. John. Join our team, we know you will feel like family right away!
Ascension St. John is an American College of Surgeons verified Level II Trauma Center, a Comprehensive Stroke hospital and staffs 24/7 to treat emergency and trauma patients. We have 46 emergency beds plus a 10-bed minor care. As a Registered Nurse, you will be provided the opportunity to expand your knowledge of emergency nursing as we offer comprehensive care to a variety of patients. We offer a variety of opportunities for professional growth and development. Our RN's are offered an in-depth comprehensive emergency nursing orientation tailored towards the experience level of the nurse. Following orientation, there is continued growth and development through advanced emergency nursing courses. Our emergency nurses are certified in trauma, stroke, pediatrics, and cardiac advanced cardiac care. The goal of the department is to ensure you have the necessary tools and experience to assure success.
Full Time Nights: 7pm - 7am
As a Registered Nurse with Ascension St John, you will have the opportunity to facilitate the safe and efficient performance of emergent care to our patients. All of our employees are valued team members and have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
* Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient conditions as appropriate
* Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
* Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
* Access and coordinate patient's discard planning needs with memebers of the healthcare team.
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
* Registered Nurse credentialed from the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
* Licensed Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
* Minimum of 6 months RN experience preferred
Note: Unfortunately, this department is at capacity for new grads at this time.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. John Health System is an EEO/AA employer:
M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. John Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Associated topics: ambulatory, cardiothoracic, care unit, ccu, domiciliary, intensive care unit, maternal, psychatric, surgery, unit