We Are Hiring
RN - Emergency Department - Full-Time, Evening - St Vincent's Birmingham - 3pm - 3am three 12 hour shifts per week. 2 week pattern rotations - work Thursday-Friday-Saturday - off Sunday- work Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday - off 7 days
About the Job:
The Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
* Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
* Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
* Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
* Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
* Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) and PALS
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)
* Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
2-5 years of Emergency Department experience preferred but not required.
About our Department:
Level III BREMSS Trauma System
Averages 136.6 patients per day
Our Team consists of:
* Registration - front desk, bedside, discharge
* Providers - ED physicians, mid-levels, scribes
* Nursing - PCSs (flow coordinator), RNs, ED techs, unit secretary, ED nurse educator, Secretary 2
* Radiology - xray and CT tech
* Security - scanner & front desk
* Paramedics (during peak EMS hrs)
* Pastoral Care, Respiratory Therapy, Case Management, EAU nurses
Small look at our staff retention and recognition corner:
* Associate of Month - Parking pass perk!
* Saturday night suppers
* Hallow"weenie" fun
* Annual Christmas party
* 5 STAR recognitions
* Daily huddles
* Annual Emergency Preparedness - Decon workshops
As an equal opportunity employer, St. Vincent's and all its ministries comply with all applicable employment laws and regulations. In order to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at St. Vincent's and all its ministries based on merit, qualifications and abilities.
Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, age or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
St. Vincent's participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)