Systems engineering, Supervision, Cloud architecture, Engineering, Leadership, Operations, Technical support, Organized, Disaster recovery, Security, Networking, Strategy, Upgrades, Planning, Cloud, IT, IT infrastructure
Depends on Experience
Work from home not available Travel not required
Contract to Hire role
The Senior Director is responsible for the overall planning, implementation, and delivery of all hosted server and cloud-based operationsservices across the organization. The individual is responsible for directing a team of internal resources, vendors, and cloud service providers to design, develop, engineer, implement and operate systems, data networks, and other critical technology platforms.
- Strategize, plan, and provide oversight for Cloud implementations, migrations, upgrades, and standardization across the environment.
- Maintain and develop knowledge of Cloud based solutions, services and customers business issues to deliver range of Cloud Services.
- Serve as the Server and Cloud subject matter expert.
- Lead and develop resources dedicated to Cloud Services.
- Implement and align systems that accomplish the companys Cloud Initiatives and Goals.
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats to successfully deliver Cloud Services.
- Identify gaps and issues and address customer issues in a timely fashion.
- Analyzes business needs presented by the user community and or clients related to technology.
- Directs and prioritizes the workload of direct reports.
- Approves all business requirements prior to the technical solution.
- Participates on all Cloud architectures, operations and software evaluations.
- Ensures appropriate strategy and resource plans are set to meet project timelines, goals, and expectations from the business.
- Drive ITSM technology infrastructure and systems.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders from an IT perspective to deliver
- Ensure teams adherence to the usage of company standards, tools and guidelines; enforcing procedures and standards to meet established audit and compliance standards
- Leverage business relationships through frequent communication, including formal and informal meetings and customer visits.
- Serve as an escalation point for issues, provide guidance and resolve issues as necessary
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Systems Engineering or related area and 10+ years of overall IT engineering experience including Cloud Services, Operations, and IT Support Services.
- 5 plus years supervisory experience in managing people, projects, and budgets.
- Strong desire to research and stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies.
- Experience in the most current technologies and products used in the Cloud Services field.
- Experience collaborating with business leaders and team members.
- Deep understanding of on premises server and cloud architecture, load balancing, high availability, disaster recovery, and security best practices.
- Leadership, team collaboration, time management, and, efficiency of execution.
- Experience with metrics and monitoring.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Exceptionally organized and proactive on next steps or anticipating issues.
- Hands on technical abilities related to server and cloud infrastructures.