Senior Director, Events and Engagement (Bronx)
Compensation: $192,290.00 - $192,290.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
Page is seeking a Senior Director of Events & Engagement responsible for strategic and operational leadership of the organizations in-person events and virtual meeting activities. This is a full-time position based in New York City, reporting to the COO. The position will require travel 4-8 times a year.
Page (formally known as the Arthur W. Page Society) is the premier global membership association for senior corporate communications leaders. Members include chief communications officers (CCOs) at leading enterprises, non-profits, NGOs and government bodies; CEOs of public relations agencies and consultancies; and educators at top universities.
The Page mission is to strengthen the enterprise leadership role of the chief communications officer (CCO) by embracing the highest professional standards, advancing the way that communications is understood, practiced and taught, and providing a collegial and dynamic learning environment. Our purpose is to unite the worlds best communications to transform business for the better.
Page members learn from each other by exchanging insights and perspectives. They also contribute leading edge thinking to research reports that are used to define the future of the CCO. Page produces content that captures and conveys those insights and perspectives, especially to provide new learnings, best practices, case studies and emerging research. As our membership grows, the number of events we hold increases, and our thought leadership efforts accelerate, we intend to produce quality content on a timelier and more regular basis.
The Senior Director of Events & Engagement will be responsible for the successful planning and execution of Pages large events, including the Spring Seminar and Annual Conference, as well as other in-person and virtual (online/teleconference) programs. This responsibility requires the senior director to have an understanding of corporate communications and public relations in order to oversee development of the program agenda and content. Large events are planned in conjunction with member committees, each with its own event chair. The senior director is a critical partner and co-leader in this process, working simultaneously to support the committee and ensure that the overall experience is consistent with the Page brand and member value proposition, and the content is aligned with latest Page research (white papers, case studies, etc.). In addition, this person will develop appropriate strategies to maximize peer engagement among members at these events. This role requires working across departments and ensuring the event planning committee makes connections with other Page committees that oversee content and thought leadership.
- Oversee the strategy and planning of several large events a year, with limited oversight from the COO and VP of Communications and Content. Each event will have approximately 100-350 participants and will be 2-3 days in length. Participants are senior business executives. A typical event includes VIP speakers in exclusive locations. Large event accountability will include:
- Event venue selection;
- Accountability for budgets and financial goals;
- Review and approval of venue, speaker, audio-visual, catering and other event contracts;
- Leadership of an event team, delegating responsibilities as needed; and
- Oversight of any other event-related responsibilities necessary to ensure the success of our events.
- Work with members by:
- Project managing the event planning committee, including scheduling regular calls to discuss the agenda (may delegate aspects of this to direct reports); and
- Advising the committee on content and engagement approaches, based on past event survey feedback or topics suggested by other committees, that will add to the success of the program.
- Work with program speakers by:
- Researching and recruiting prospective speakers for programs; and
- Preparing speakers for each session, directing and guiding them through their on-stage experience to ensure they deliver on program session goals.
- Supervise event logistics staff and manage event vendors who are responsible for smaller programs, as well as aspects of the larger events. Small events include regional networking programs (typically dinners or roundtable discussions of 10-20 members), webinars and teleconference calls with members on topics of interest. This position will involve supervision of 3-4 full-time staff.
- Lead event-related sponsorship efforts, in partnership with the Chief of Staff, who serves as the staff lead on overall organizational sponsorship/development.
- Partner with the Thought Leadership, Content and Learning teams to ensure program content aligns with the latest thought leadership work.
- Partner with the Communications team to effectively market programs.
- Partner with the Membership and International teams on events that support recruitment of new members.
- Develop and oversee new programs that add value to members and advance the Page mission.
- Extensive experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Event programming experience, preferably at a membership association;
- Corporate communications/PR agency experience, especially experience leading learning-oriented events within a corporate communications department/setting; or
- Learning programs, including planning executive training sessions or business leadership retreats, especially for corporate communications professionals.
- 10+ years of experience in corporate communications, marketing, learning and/or executive education, as well as significant event-related experience, including with venue contracts and budgets
- Strong project management skills, highly organized and able to manage overlapping event planning timelines
- Understanding of corporate communications (familiarity with Page research reports and related content preferred)
- Ability to write effectively and professionally (event session descriptions)
- Availability to travel 4-8 times a year
- Highly motivated and self-directed
- Ability to plan, organize, manage and carry out work to meet deadlines, deliver programs on budget and achieve objectives
- Strategic thinking, good judgment and creative problem-solving
- Communicates well with fellow team members on project status and coordination
- Strives to constantly acquire new knowledge
- Works well in a collegial, collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Provides candid expert guidance in a clear yet respectful manner
- Supports and lives by the Page Team Values & Behaviors, which are appended at the end of this position description
- Strong work ethic, high standards and attention to detail and follow-through
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative orientation
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
Get alerts to jobs like this, to your inbox.
Do you have at least 10+ years of experience in the field? * Yes No
Are you located in the New York City area? * Yes No
75% of Glassdoor users found this service helpful
Glassdoor has millions of jobs plus salary information, company reviews, and interview questions from people on the inside making it easy to find a job thats right for you.
Associated topics: ad, business, marketing, policy, policies, product market, regulatory, relationship, social media, solicitation
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...