Senior Conference Planning Manager - William F. Bolger Center
Compensation: $46,440.00 - $90,140.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Hospitality - Food Services
Loading some great jobs for you...
Posted Date 5 days ago (12/10/2019 8:52 PM)
Category Food Services
Employment Type Fulltime-Regular
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) proudly serves Fortune 500 companies, world champion sports teams, state-of-the-art healthcare providers, the world?s leading educational institutions, iconic destinations and cultural attractions, and numerous municipalities in 19 countries around the world. Our 270,000 team members deliver experiences that enrich and nourish millions of lives every day through innovative services in food, facilities management and uniforms. We operate our business with social responsibility, focusing on initiatives that support our diverse workforce, advance consumer health and wellness, protect our environment, and strengthen our communities. Aramark is recognized as one of the World?s Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE, as well as an employer of choice by the Human Rights Campaign and DiversityInc. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Our Leisure group within SLC specializes in serving consumers; recreational and entertainment needs in national and state parks, zoos, aquariums, science centers, museums and other day-use cultural attractions.
The scope of our operations includes operating lodging, conference and meeting space, houseboats and other marine activities, retail merchandise shops, fine dining restaurants, and interpretive tours in some of this country's most pristine protected lands and national parks.
We have been active partners with the National Park Service and various zoos, aquariums, and other cultural attractions for over 20 years, providing high-quality visitor services in numerous locations across the United States in over 12 states. We are considered a premier provider of professional services by clients and competition alike, committed to providing high-quality recreation, hospitality and authentic experiences to clients and visitors from all over the world.
Some of the national and state parks in which we operate include:
- Asilomar Conference Center, California
- Lake Powell Resorts and Marina, Arizona
- Olympic Peninsula, Washington
Coordinate all special event requests. Coordinate efforts with, Special Event Coordinator, Executive Chef, and Food and Beverage Manager to properly meet the needs of the account.
- Coordinate all aspects of assigned bookings to include, but not limited to, AV needs, Room Set-ups, Food & Beverage, Meeting Materials, Rentals, Billings, Parking, etc.?
- Monitor, on a daily basis, TargetNet?s list dailies and banquet event orders to ensure information is up to date and accurate.
- Inspect status of meeting or classroom set-ups.
- During room inspection, notify the appropriate departments for items, which may be missing from set-up instructions. Example: tables, skirting, water, A/V etc. Ensure that all items are followed up on.
- Coordinate refreshes and changes to all meeting rooms with the appropriate operating department.
- Immediately meet with the Client and verify that set-ups are correct. Ask if there are any last minute changes. Check with the Client throughout the day.
- ?Ensure that all client and participants requests are handled within fifteen minutes.
- Complete a weekly walk through of all meeting and classrooms to monitor for maintenance request and other needs.
- Attend weekly & daily BEO meeting to review any changes in upcoming programs or special events.
- Ensure that classroom support inventory levels are maintained.
- Represent ARAMARK and the Conference Center in such a manner as to enhance their reputation.
- Maintain a high level of morale and cooperation.
- Use good judgment, common sense, and fairness in decisions with all team members.
- Up to and including any additional assigned duties by the Conference Services Director.
- Support all sales efforts with Current and Future Clients/
- Program Management of Corporate Meetings, University Programs and Social Business as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Hospitality is preferred.
- Minimum of one experience in event planning or meeting planning.
- Experience in customer service and food & beverage
- Must have excellent communication skills
Interested in this opportunity?
ARAMARK is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer ? Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Aramark will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance ordinance.
Associated topics: bakery manager, day manager, deli manager, floor manager, frontend, produce manager, restaurant manager, restaurant operations, service manager, store manager
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...