Under general supervision of the Manager or Senior Manager in Clinical Services, this position is responsible for providing patient support and education, arranging and if possible providing in home injection training , provides clinical product and diagnosis related information and services to patients, physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals. This Nurse will also work as a part of the Clinical Call Center which serves an organization-wide access to clinical information using various methods of communication in order to satisfy patient and Health Care Professionals requests for education and information as well as fulfillment services. These services will be provided through a toll-free clinical information line. This position may also works in partnership with the customer Sales representatives to visit Health Care professionals offices with customer sales personnel.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsibilities include handling inquires related to clinical product support, adverse drug reporting, and other miscellaneous services.
- Responsible for providing ongoing follow up with patients as instructed by the manufacturer.
- Responsible to provide or assure that patients receive in-person training for preparation and self subcutaneous injections.
- Responsible to provide training and support for contracted PRN or Home Health Agency staff nurses.
- Responsible for handling incoming calls related to clinical matters, diagnostic information, clinical study information or registration for patient programs related to the supported product; if unable to provide the information for the caller during the initial telephone call, information is researched and then provided to the caller through a phone call; information is recorded in the contact management database.
- Responsible for taking the incoming report of an adverse events, product complaints and product replacements and completes the client specific reporting form; the report is sent to the client for review and filing with the FDA.
- Keeps an organized set of ready reference materials for use in responding to inquires and stays abreast of the current scientific information and medical literature such as collateral material provided by the client, or an accredited course or specific disease state certification.
- This position may provide educational programs to the Health Care professionals or to patients at designated programs.
- Accurately assesses clinical information before deciding appropriate course of action for the purpose of reducing potential risks; provides clinical detailing in order for others to make final clinically-based decisions.
- Interacts with internal and external representatives such as consumers and family members, physician offices, pharmacists, as well as other internal Lash Group departments.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
1. Requires a Registered Nurse license in good standing in the state of residence.
2. Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of clinical experience.
3. Preferred to have experience in the neurology field of multiple sclerosis.
4. MSCN Certification a plus
5. Important to have experience in public speaking and /or providing educational programs.
6. Important to have the availability to work flexible hours.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Clinical and pharmaceutical knowledge; interviewing skills; understanding of broadly based nursing practices which encompass patient assessment of and medication administration activities
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to build relationships
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems; office workstation operations skills, Microsoft Office Suite, Internet skills, ACD phone system; general office equipment
Associated topics: advanced, anesthetist crna, board, family, family medicine, family nurse practioner, fnp, np, practice, specialist