Compensation: $48,955.00 - $80,180.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
The Tire Inspector-Product Adjustment's primary focus is to make certain that all vendor policies and procedures are being followed consistently to ensure credit received will correspond with credit given to our customer, will assist Warranty Manager with merger and acquisition adjustment process as needed and a working knowledge of Hunter mounting and balancing machines.
- Make certain that all Vendor policies and procedures are being followed consistently
- Ensure credit received will correspond with credit given to our customer
- Routine inspection of tire and/or tube with the ability to determine if further action is needed.
Key Partners (Positions):
- Manager of Adjustments
- Directors of Operations
- SVP Operations
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Education: High School/GED
- Experience: Minimum requirements plus 2 years of failed tire and wheel inspection preferred, prior work experience sufficient to work under general supervision
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Knowledge of profit and loss calculations and basic business finance (percentages and calculations), to ensure credit to customer is offset by credit from Vendor.
- Efficient with but not limited to: HPV, On Base, Tel-Net, Oracle; Logistics Workbench, AP Inquire, Inventory Inquiry, OM Inquiry, Requisition and Receiving.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret Vendor technical bulletins and other internal Company reports and/or NHTSA regulations.
- Must possess thorough knowledge of tire/wheel inspection guidelines and procedures.
- Must possess strong mathematical and analytical skills for monitoring credits along with problem- solving skills.
- Must possess excellent knowledge of current materials, methods, tools and equipment (including Hunter mounting and balancing machines).
- Think strategically and innovatively: Identify and act on ideas which further the Company s strategic goals and business plan.
- Plan and Execute for Success: Identify and address root causes when solving problems. Work collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to coordinate effective solutions, act collaboratively, communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments, communicate clearly and concisely and adjust communication style to improve performance, handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors Code of Conduct , assume full responsibility for the consequences of one s behaviors, decisions and results.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: Some travel may be required.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Shift Type: 1st Shift (United States of America)
Job ID: R10146
Associated topics: commercial, corporate, director, manage, manager, manager ii, manager iv, manager facilities, representative, resident
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...