Senior Data Scientist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
If you have a deep passion for data and security, love handling massive data sets, and get excited from solving hard problems, Akamai is the place for you. We are seeking a highly motivated Data Scientist who will work with team of scientists developing the next generation of Akamai's security algorithms, which are used to protect our global customer base from web attacks, automated bots and online fraud.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Analyze large volumes of data to develop and improve for malicious bot detection, behavioral authentication and fraud detection
* Design scalable processes to collect, manipulate, present, and analyze large datasets in a production ready environment, using Akamai's big data platform
* Develop working prototypes of algorithms (statistical and machine learning based) and evaluate and compare metrics based on the real-world data sets.
* Lead projects in a technical capacity
* Work closely with our engineers to deliver code across our platform
* Contribute to security communities through papers, blogs, and presentations
About the Team
The Web Security Engineering team has responsibility for the technologies that power Security Products. These include Kona Site Defender, Bot Management, Web Application Firewall and Siteshield. These provide protection from both DDoS and application specific web attacks with high availability. Akamai’s global footprint of over 220,000 servers provides an overlay network with scale and capacity to not just deliver the largest web events but also secure the largest Internet brands from attack. The team builds and extends Akamai’s highly fault-tolerant wide area distributed content delivery and application acceleration systems to improve performance, security, reliability and availability of high value web sites. Akamai powers over 85% of the top online retailers, with over $2 billion in annual revenue.
Required Education and Experience:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Applied Math or Statistics or Machine Learning or its equivalent
* 5 years' experience with statistics and experience with machine learning algorithms/techniques
* 5 years' experience working with programming languages and big data environments, specifically, Python, Java, Spark and Hadoop
* 3 years' experience in applying machine learning techniques to real-world data
* 3 years' experience with Data Structures, Algorithms and Design Patterns
* Passion for solving challenging analytical problems
* Ability to work productively with team members, identify and resolve tough issues in a collaborative manner
* Previous research experience in Machine Learning specifically anomaly detection
* Masters or higher degree in applied math, statistics, machine learning, computer science or relevant subject
* Understanding of Web Application security, specifically topics such as SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting, CSRF and so forth
* Fraud modelling experience
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Loading some great jobs for you...