Grow your career in automation with a global OEM! Great opportunity in the Schaumburg, IL area to work on custom machines and enjoy working in different industries! Our client is growing and looking for a Sr. Controls Engineer with strong PLC programming and robotics experience! Typical travel up to 20%.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 8 years of controls engineering experience in custom automation; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- 8+ years of automation experience
- Knowledge of AutoCAD, Excel, DOS and Windows 7
- Proficiency in Allen Bradley and Siemens PLCs, HMIs, Servo control, and Electrical design.
- Computers, including programs such as AutoCAD, Solid Works, Excel, Word, BBSC Automation databases, etc.
- Inspection and measuring tools such as scales, calipers, micrometers, multi-meters, dB meters, etc.
- Lead the development of Controls architecture for large multiple module system and the engineering team.
- Program control systems for cam, servo, and air operated stations, along with test and electrical devices.
- Ensure the electrical design is functional, robust, and cost effective.
- Innovate and use good judgment to incorporate standards, GAMP5 and regulatory requirements.
- Research and specify appropriate purchased and preferred components.
- Writes and debugs PLC 's. Siemens and Allen Bradley preferred
- Troubleshoots RS-232 communications
- Participate in internal and customer design reviews, installations, and service calls when needed.
- Guide Electricians in wiring and codes. Support software validation requirements.
- Work with suppliers to find/develop the most functional and economical solutions to design issues..
- Problem-solve with Mechanical Builders, debug software issues, and update all appropriate documentation.
- Communicate ideas and comprehend information both verbally and in written form.
- Work closely with Mechanical Engineering and Build and exhibit objectivity and openness to others views.
- Has a strong dedication to meeting and bearing schedule and budgets; conveys this urgency to others.
- Works well in a team environment and promotes sharing of knowledge through training and mentoring
- Provide necessary documentation and support for machinery Operating Manuals.
- Domestic or International travel or extend work day if required.
- Maintain International Standardization Organization ISO13485 standards.
Associated topics: aerodynamic, autocad, catia, chassis, mechanical engineer, msme, proe, propulsion, turbine, vibration