Trauma/Stroke Program Coordinator - Emergency Department Trauma
AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
• Our care for patients extends to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
• Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
• Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
• Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
• Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
• Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
• Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
Full time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Manage the trauma and stroke programs, specifically to ensure implementation of the PI plan and ensure loop closure.
· Review care delivered to trauma/stroke patients and identify care issues and/or processes for improvement.
· Identify staff learning needs and collaborate with Nursing Education Department to develop educational activities related to trauma/stroke care.
· Collaborate with other clinical departments to develop processes that enhance patient care and throughput throughout the continuum of care.
What You Will Need:
· 5 years’ experience as a Registered Nurse in Emergency, Critical Care or Trauma nursing
· Current Texas or multi-state Compact RN license
· ACLS, PALS, TNCC and NIHSS certification
· Completion of TOPIC course within one year of hire
· Completion of AAAM Abbreviated Injury Scale course within two years of hire
· Completion of ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700, 800 within one year of hire
· The Trauma/Stroke Program Coordinator has the authority to manage the Trauma and Stroke programs throughout the continuum of care and across multidisciplinary lines of service
· The Trauma/Stroke Program Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that Metroplex remains in compliance with all regulatory requirements to maintain Trauma Facility Designation and Stroke Center Designation.
· The Trauma/Stroke Program Coordinator is responsible for ensuring quality and safe care is delivered to our patients.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.by Jobble