Senior FPGA Engineer (Microsemi / Flight Parts)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Acara Solutions is helping our client find an FPGA Engineer Senior II in Pasadena, CA to join their organization as a direct salaried employee.
Typical duties include:
- Requirements and specification development;
- Conceptual/architectural design;
- Participate in design peer reviews for FPGAs and low-level software;
- Detailed design and development of FPGAs for instrument command and data handling, external component interfaces, instrument subsystem control, onboard data reduction, and interfacing with embedded microprocessors/microcontrollers and single board computers;
- Design and develop low-level device driver software for interfacing with FPGA-based designs;
- Develop and execute FPGA verification and validation plans;
- Test and support equipment design, prototype construction, FPGA testing and troubleshooting;
- Prepare test methods and specifications;
- Prepare documentation and user information.
Required Skills / Qualifications:
-BS degree with course work in Electrical or Electronic Engineering, Physics or similar field
-Minimum 15 Years of Experience in Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FPGAs)
-Minimum 2 years' Experience with Microsemi tool chains and Flash-based flight parts
-Minimum 2 years' experience with digital systems, embedded systems, FPGA development (design, implementation, simulation, and verification), implementation of data processing and control architectures in a mixed hardware/software environment using Virtex-5, RTG4, ProASIC3, RTAX, or similar FPGAs, bus drivers, FPGA device drivers and simulation of spacecraft interfaces (SpaceWire, MIL-STD-1553B, RS-232/422 Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter (UART), Ethernet, CompactPCI (cPCI), Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI), etc.);
-MInimum 3 years' experience of System-On-Chip (SoC) architectures and soft-core processors;
-Minimum 3 years experience with understanding and application of SystemVerilog, place-and-route, back-annotation, timing analysis, test-vector generation, in-system hardware verification;
-Minimum 2 years' experience with Test procedure generation, electrical test characterization;
-Minimum 2 years' experience with Universal Verification Methodology (UVM), regression testing, automated testing;
-Minimum 2 years' experience with C and Python.
Preferred Skills / Qualifications:
-Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain an active Secret DOD Security Clearance/Candidate must have an Active Secret Security Clearance
-The individual will be subject to a National Agency Check
-The individual will be subject to a pre-employment drug screening
Aleron companies (Acara Solutions, Aleron Shared Resources, Broadleaf Results, Lume Strategies, TalentRise, Viaduct, and Aleron’s strategic partner, SDI) are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. The Aleron companies welcome and encourage applications from diverse candidates, including people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for applicants taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Applicants for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States. This position does not meet the employment requirements for individuals with F-1 OPT STEM work authorization status.
Loading some great jobs for you...