Chief Information Officer
Compensation: $198,870.00 - $198,870.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Information Technology
Loading some great jobs for you...
Driven. Engaging. Innovative. Do these words motivate you? If so, then we want to talk with you. Academy of Art University offers a rewarding employment experience for those who excel in a dynamic environment and who can consistently deliver high-caliber customer service. We thrive on ingenuity and pursue ideas every day that lead to extraordinary opportunities for tomorrow. Apply here for your next career!
Academy of Art University is seeking to immediately hire a Chief Information Officer (CIO). The CIO position will be based in San Francisco until June 2020 and then repositioned permanently to Phoenix, Arizona. If a finalist outside of the San Francisco work location is selected prior to June 2020, flight and hotel accommodations will be provided to the bay area on a weekly basis. Once the primary location in Phoenix, Arizona, is established, flight and hotel accommodations will no longer be provided and the finalist will be required to work from the Phoenix office location daily.
The CIO will serve as a senior executive level leader providing technology vision and leadership in the development, implementation and management of the Academy of Art University s Information Technology team and systems that support student success, programmatic quality and growth as well as operational excellence. The CIO will expand the strategic vision and advise in innovative solutions to enhance our student focused culture with heightened focus on data democratization, strengthening our digital transformation, using technology as a differentiator in program delivery, maintaining a strong cybersecurity environment and enhancing our business processes to strengthen core operations and increase resource availability.
The CIO will establish oversight and direction for delivering new levels of technology innovation in the formal and informal technology instructional traditional and online landscapes, and inform faculty and administration about trends in academic and student services technologies, investigate and respond to academic, student services and administrative technological needs and identify business process improvements.
The CIO will direct the planning and implementing of enterprise information systems to support both distributed and centralized academic, student services and business operations to achieve an efficient and cost-effective operation. Academy of Art University currently has implemented a hybrid service delivery model with in-house and third party relationships. The CIO will be responsible for managing all outsourcing contracts and relationships and leading reviews to develop IT services staffing strategies.
Of critical importance will be the ability of the CIO to drive effective and efficient ongoing operations; while at the same time leading transformation efforts including, but not limited to, CRM, Marketing Automation, Student information Systems, Digital Enablement, process and self-service automation, reporting and analytics, web properties, DAM, CMS and classroom technology (onsite and online).
The CIO will be solutions-oriented with creative problem-solving abilities working towards creating a foundation of flexible systems to meet institutional goals. The CIO will work with stakeholders to find the balance between speed, cost and acceptance. This role will maintain a focus on front-line engagement and capabilities and prioritize investments based on business needs with a focus on driving revenue growth.
The CIO will report to the President of Academy of Art University, be a member of the senior leadership team and be a vital part of the President s Cabinet.Primary Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and overall management for the University s information technology strategic plans, budgets, policies, programs and schedules for business and finance processes, computer services, data integrity and security, infrastructure components, network communications, and management information services to accomplish the University s goals and objectives.
- Provide direction and oversight of Information Technology Services staff, operations, projects and issues resolution to meet department and University goals, objectives and needs.
- Provide coordination of all projects related to selection, acquisition, development and installation of major information systems; provide advice on evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate investment in strategic and operational systems; evaluate systems to measure their success.
- Develop and manage the annual operating and capital budgets for administrative and instructional information technology.
- Review all hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts, soliciting involvement and participation of other management, faculty, students and staff team members as appropriate.
- Collaborate with the campus community on the development of policies and standards aimed at maximizing effectiveness and minimizing costs related to the acquisition, implementation and operation of IT systems.
- Provide oversight for the University s relationship, interactions and formal agreements with outsourced and hosted services providers, e.g. Salesforce, Peoplesoft.
- Evaluate alternatives, perform appropriate cost benefit analysis and recommend solutions that maximize effectiveness and minimize costs commensurate with acceptable risks.
- Serve as the primary contact for consultants, partners and vendors for sales, service and support of all information systems and technology.
- Oversee operating policies and processes for the Information Technology End-User Support Services and Help Desk operations, including provision of training.
- Evaluate existing technology, information systems and staffing, research new solutions and technologies and recommend changes based on analysis of their impact to all user requirements in support of the University s goals and objectives.
- Plan, develop, evaluate, coordinate and manage the college s information technology systems including, but not limited to, Peoplesoft, Salesforce, Adobe, Brightspace instructional delivery and departmental systems.
- Oversee development and enforcement of policy and procedures to ensure the protection of IT assets and the integrity, security and privacy of information entrusted to or maintained by the University.
- Ensure that all information systems and networks operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, regulatory agencies and legal requirements.
- Provide leadership for development of systems architecture, defining standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection to other information systems.
- With fellow University leaders, maintain a robust and comprehensive IT Governance structure to ensure the gathering, processing, distribution and use of pertinent information as required to make decisions occurs in a timely, accurate and cost-effective manner.
- Oversee maintenance of a system recovery plan in the event of power failure, damage to system, etc. Direct and facilitate correction of any system failures and including root cause analysis.
- Oversee the development, maintenance, implementation and communication of systems and user documentation, policies and procedures including complete user manuals, FAQs and help files.
- Communicate ITS plans, policies and technology trends throughout the organization, including management and faculty groups and staff.
- Assure proper and appropriate staff development and training to match technology needs of the University.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the University President.
- Master s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Administration, Public Administration or a related field and a minimum of four years of senior level experience with increasing responsibilities for management and support of higher education or corporate field information systems, and leading strategic planning and execution for the information technology division.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Administration Public Administration or a related field and minimum of ten years of senior level experience with increasing responsibilities for management and support of higher education or corporate field information systems, and leading strategic planning and execution for the information technology division.
EXPERIENCES AND/OR SKILLS REQUIREDDesirable Experiences:
- Direct senior level management of a major IT operation.
- Experience in, or a comprehensive understanding of, higher education settings using online and on-ground teaching methodology, specifically in information technology systems planning to support business goals including exposure to both shared and out sourced solutions, as well as support of in-house information and communication systems in a multi-site environment.
- Business principles and techniques of administration, organization, and management to include an in-depth understanding of the key business issues that exist in the higher education industry. These include, but are not limited to, knowledge of strategic and operational planning, federal, state and local laws and regulations.
- Systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management.
- Business process analysis and redesign as it relates to instructional and administrative technology and telecommunication.
- Design, management, and operation of IT systems in a higher education environment.
- Learning Management Systems (LMS) and support services.
- Thought leadership and change management principles and practices.
- Local and wide area network design, implementation, and operation.
- Operating systems such as Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
- Various office productivity software programs such as word processing, databases, spreadsheet programs, and communications software.
- Various computer peripherals such as printers, monitors, modems and other equipment.
- Expert knowledge the digital technology and Cloud landscape.
- Effective deployment of a SaaS model.
- Build and maintain cooperative relationships with all levels of the University community.
- Effectively manage vendor and outsourced relationships required for optimal performance.
- Plan, implement, and support systems in a complex educational environment.
- Plan, manage and prioritize projects and other related activities.
- Manage and lead staff, projects and teams.
- Comprehend complex, technical subjects and translate technical language to various audiences.
- Understand and advise on GDPR and CCPA.
- Align and apply complex technologies to business strategies.
- Prepare and manage department budgets.
- Motivate, educate and facilitate teams to produce quality materials within tight time-frames and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
- Communicate effectively and demonstrate flexibility and creativity in accomplishing work and resolving issues.
- Keen eye for talent and development of such.
Academy of Art University offers full-time employees health insurance, 401k options, paid vacation based on years of service, paid holidays, paid sick leave and a commuter benefit program. The Academy also offers full-time employees an opportunity to take one undergraduate course tuition-free each semester. We also have a swimming pool with multiple lanes, two fitness centers and many recreational programs that you are welcome to benefit from throughout the year.
Academy of Art University is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered regardless of age, Aids or HIV positive status, marital status, domestic partnership, medical condition or genetic characteristics, race or national origin, pregnancy, religion, sex, gender identity, gender or sexual orientation, name change, citizenship, physical or mental disability, veteran status or other status protected by federal, state, local or other law. Equal access to the hiring process, services, and employment is available to all persons. Applicants requiring accommodations to the application and/or interview process should contact the Human Resources Manager by calling 415-###-####. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...