The Global Protein Sciences group at AbbVie is seeking a highly-motivated research scientist to join a dynamic core team supporting biologics drug-discovery. The applicant must have diverse experience in purification of antibody or engineered protein therapeutics. The candidate should have proficiency in all standard bioprocess and chromatography techniques, and have a demonstrated strong ability to effectively drive process development activities. As a creative problem solver, the individual should be proficient in overcoming issues (i.e. solubility, aggregation, recovery, purity, etc) with challenging therapeutic proteins. The applicant should be experienced in biophysical and analytical characterization techniques and be familiar with how molecular- and post-translational attributes of biologics translate to their function. Experience with engineering of novel therapeutics to generate optimized molecules is also beneficial.
The applicant will be working in a Discovery organization at AbbVie. She/he should be able to work independently while contributing in a team environment, and manage several projects simultaneously. She/he needs to stay current with applicable internal/external scientific literature and apply new information in innovative ways to successfully complete work assignments. The applicant should be able to analyze, document, and report data concisely and rigorously. She/he should possess excellent communication skills and be proficient in presenting in front of groups. Level and compensation will be commensurate with experience. Basic:
- BS, MS, or Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Chemical Engineering or related field with 10+ years (BS), 8+ years (MS) or 0+ (PhD) years of experience.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- 1-3 (PhD) years of experience.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Associated topics: biochemistry, bioengineering, bioinformatic, biological engineer, biomechanics, enzyme, medical, molecular, nutrition, pathogenesis