Director, IT Service Management is responsible for overseeing all aspects of AbbVie's IT Service Management processes including analysis, planning, and implementation of all areas (CMDB, Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Knowledge) including key operational metrics, highlight efficiencies and improvements on a regular basis. He/She is also responsible for developing the team and establishing partnerships with key suppliers to ensure the necessary skills are available to maintain the strategic and operational plans. The position requires an independently minded and creative individual to apply their skills in helping to shape operating practices and inspire cross team collaboration and knowledge sharing that results in truly world class services to BTS and end users. The candidate must have excellent presentation and communication skills for presenting to a wide variety of audiences and operate with a strong sense of urgency ensuring that existing and new processes add value to both the organization and our customers. Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic leadership, vision and oversight for the AbbVie IT Service Management Program, leveraging the (ITIL) best practice framework (disciplines and practices).
- Collaborate with IT Leadership Team to develop, publicize, and implement the multi year strategic plan for IT Service Management and build alignment through collaboration
- Provide service management governance and develop processes for the IT organization for incident management, problem management, change management and other ITIL functions
- Prioritize and oversee service improvement projects and report on the progress of those projects and their impact on performance
- Provide leadership for process owners to define, implement, communicate, and improve service management processes and guide key stakeholders in the utilization of ITSM practices to achieve the delivery of high-quality IT services.
- Develop a model for and regularly measure organizational maturity around ITSM and service delivery and create action plans as required
- Responsible for ensuring IT service reporting is available and utilized (e.g., productivity metrics, KPIs, SLAs) and quality control/governance is established (e.g., compliance reporting, management escalation, process auditing, etc.).
- Develop and implement an ITSM training and communication plan for the organization as required for adoption and execution of ITSM practices.
- Identify and develop service management model to support Agile and DevOps transformation to public and hybrid cloud readiness
- Develops and implements Configuration Management standards, plans, processes and procedures in line with the goals of the enterprise
- Ensures integrity of CMDB Data and integrations with the IT Asset Discovery Tools
- Providing input on process improvements and contributing to the technology road map.
- Contributing to the development, communication and implementation of policies, procedures, best practices, recommendations, and guidelines for standards
- Advanced understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices and processes (CMDB, Incident, Problem, Change, Release, Knowledge and Self-Service Strategies)
- Advanced working knowledge of IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices and processes and IT Service Management lifecycle
- Expertise in managing third-party relationships (domestic, near-short, off-shore)
- Deep understanding of project management, and process improvement methodologies
- Strong management, analytical, organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written) are required
- Should possess good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate system/network status information to all levels of the company Ability to train, coach, delegate and lead others
- Ability to make effective management, day-to-day operational and procedural decisions
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Ability to prioritize tasks and ensure their completion in a timely manner
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with leadership, peers, and partners
- Ability to independently develop strategic and operational plans for department
- Financial management ($10MM/year annual budget, 20+ resources)
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or Computer Science or equivalent work experience preferred
- 10 + years of progressive experience and responsibility in information technology organization(s).
- 4+ years experience with service delivery and service management best practices in an organization that adopted ITIL/ITSM.
- Experience managing, overseeing, or implementing an ITSM suite of tools preferred
- Defining, updating, and implementing processes that impact entire IT organization
- Preferred: ITIL certification; Foundation level
Associated topics: chief program officer, cpo, manage, manager, management, monitor, product manager, project manager, relationship manager, task