Director/Associate Director - Global Market Access & Pricing (Oncology (Normal)
Compensation: $92,940.00 - $149,980.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
The GMAP Director/Associate Director for venetoclax Pipeline reports to the GMAP Director venetoclax and is accountable for the following:
- Lead the cross-functional Value and Access Team (VAT) to develop the Integrated Access Strategy for venetoclax in Multiple Myeloma t(11:14) including global market access and reimbursement initiatives and tactical plans suitable for this disease area
- Develop and implement global market access, pricing and reimbursement initiatives and insights to inform the registrational study designs for future venetoclax pipeline indications (e.g. MDS, ALL, DLBCL, etc.)
- Provide support for future venetoclax proof of concept studies by advising on the optimal PRA requirements for regimen partners, doses, study populations, etc in light of market access value drivers and key competitive considerations,
This position supports the Director, Global Market Access & Pricing - Venetoclax in payer value propositions/stories and ultimately as we approach launch providing tools and support to the market access teams in Areas and Affiliates.
The position works closely with Area and affiliate personnel in determining appropriate responses/actions to developmental milestone decision points with regards to implications for local pricing and/or reimbursement issues.
This person will also work closely with the Pricing and Analytics Team within Global Market Access& Pricing to track development of competitor pricing.
The Director/Associate Director, Global Market Access & Pricing - Venetoclax is to work cross-functionally to maximize deliverables within the budget allocated and drive a remarkable impact for patients through optimized patient access, while ensuring compliance and risk management.
This individual will exemplify AbbVie leadership principles and provide innovative, strategic, and evidence based supported direction as the subject matter expert in reimbursement and market access opportunities and challenges.
The position requires strong analytical skills, the ability to understand and translate clinical information and messages into payer marketing messages, strong presentation skills and the ability to work well in a cross-functional team.
This position requires a deep understanding of the clinical aspects and the impact of these clinical results on the value of products, as well as the competitive products in this market space.
In addition, this position is responsible for the oversight of the vendor management aspects, logistics, budget management, financial compliance, reconciliation and required transparency reporting for any/all market access and pricing projects managed, including alignment with finance, OEC, legal and commercial support groups.
Key responsibilities include:
- In collaboration with the Director, Global Market Access and Pricing - Venetoclax, leverage Evidence Based Medicine expertise and clinical background, deep global payer knowledge, research and competitive insights to lead the Value and Access Team (VAT) through the creation of the Integrated Access Strategy for Multiple Myeloma t(11:14)
- Ensure critical clinical and economic evidence requirements to optimize PRA success are incorporated into the development plans for the registrational study designs for future venetoclax pipeline indications and translated into PRA resources for use by Areas and Affiliates with external stakeholders
- Collaboration with other GMAP functions such as Pricing and HTA Strategy as well as GHEOR, Global Business Intelligence, Government Affairs, Global Marketing, Global Commercial Development, Global Medical Affairs and complimentary Area & Affiliate Functions, to ensure solid understanding of global payer markets and emerging stakeholders in the reimbursement area.
- Through internal collaboration and management of external partners/vendors conduct pertinent therapeutic and disease areas reviews, and advisory boards, which includes but not limited to general market access landscape, payers unmet needs, current standard of care, competitors' value proposition and pricing & reimbursement status, and payers' decision.
- Lead the project management with regards to purchasing support, opening of POs; ensuring appropriate documentation is in place in line with company procedures and storage of pertinent documents to assigned projects.
Role may be hired at the Director or Associate Director level depending on experience
- BA/BS in pharmacy, economics, life sciences or comparable equivalent experience
- Proven track record of being able to successfully interact with all levels of area, affiliate and internal authority across divisions (including Global Commercial Leaders, Forecasting, Clinical Development, HEOR, Medical Affairs and Regulatory, as well as peer equivalents in other market access teams and the market access community as a whole).
- Must be up to date on the latest compliance issues pertaining to Corporate guidelines, interactions with HCPs and External Experts and the conduct of market research
- The candidate must possess strong leadership, intrapersonal, critical thinking and analytical skills to work with a variety of groups in ensuring that the strategic direction for market access and pricing is in balance with the market as well as corporate goals.
- The candidate must be willing to work across a range of products, in pipeline, near market and on market in a variety of therapeutic areas, as needs dictate.
- The candidate must be sensitive to cultural and market differences as they will interact and travel to multiple countries in their role.
- This candidate must have strong presentation and writing skills.
- The candidate must have at least 8 years of progressive experience preferably in a variety of areas including market access, managed care marketing, key account management, payer support, commercial marketing, HEOR, pricing and reimbursement, and payer policy
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
- MBA, MS, Pharm D, or other advanced degree preferred.
- A Background in managed care, payer marketing, global market access policy, or a related field is preferred
- Strong interest in clinical and health economic data is desirable
- Understanding of regulatory agency requirements / policies that govern market approval, and the impact on reimbursement decisions
- Knowledge of pricing regulations, pricing governance in key global markets, standard operating procedures, and the business of healthcare in key markets
Loading some great jobs for you...