HCV Senior Scientific Director/Scientific Director (Downers Grove)
Compensation: $122,260.00 - $195,330.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Executive Management
Loading some great jobs for you...
AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-driven biopharmaceutical company committed to developing innovative advanced therapies for some of the worlds most complex and critical conditions. The companys mission is to use its expertise, dedicated people and unique approach to innovation to markedly improve treatments across four primary therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, virology and neuroscience. In more than 75 countries, AbbVie employees are working every day to advance health solutions for people around the world. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com . Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn .?
HCV Senior Scientific Director/Scientific Director
AbbVie: Determined to Make a Difference [Updated]
People. Passion. Possibilities. Those three simple words mean everything at AbbVie, where patients always come first. So do cutting-edge science and innovation, which fuel our expanding pipeline as we take on the world's toughest health challenges in oncology, immunology, liver disease, women's health and beyond. Together, we strive to make a difference for patients around the world. For more visit: www.abbvie.com.
- Provide scientific and technical support for assigned products; deliver scientific presentations; develops and maintains professional and credible relationships with, key opinion leaders; actively participate in relevant Brand Teams and helps develop medical affairs strategies for assigned products; develop innovative research concepts for clinical data generation; provide relevant scientific and technical training.
- In cooperation with affiliate medical departments, Marketing, RA, Clinical and other functional areas, provides leadership, oversight and support for assigned products/projects. Drives medical affairs activities and generation and dissemination of data supporting overall product scientific and business strategy.
- Establishes and approves scientific methods for hypotheses, rational, design of affiliate protocols and their reports across different products. Oversee scientific/medical education of investigators, clinical monitors, and Global Project Team members related to therapeutic area or disease specific information. Keeps abreast of professional information and technology through conferences and/or medical literature and acts as a therapeutic area resource.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures. Responsible for understanding the regulatory requirements related to the clinical studies and accountable for complying with those requirements. Serves as the scientific team interface for key regulatory discussions.
- May act as scientific leader for several programs within an area. Drive Medical Affairs strategies and be a key internal contact/subject matter expert.
- May develop of scientifically accurate marketing materials, medical education programs, advisories, and symposia.
- May assist with the scientific review, development, execution and communication of affiliate/area/global medical affairs sponsored or supported clinical research activities.
- May lead cross functional teams in development and execution of strategic initiatives requiring integration of multiple subprojects within the therapeutic area or Medical Affairs function.
- Ensures budgets, timelines, compliance requirements are factored into programs' scientific activities
- Provides guidance to cross-functional team members to aid in the development of promotional materials. Provides timely and accurate reviews of promotional strategies and tactics in accordance with established policies and practice standards, including regulatory guidelines to meet customer needs .
- Advanced Degree PhD, PharmD, PA, NP highly preferred. Residency or additional post doctorate experience is highly preferred.
- Typically 15 years experience in the pharmaceutical industry or equivalent; substantial understanding of relevant therapeutic area required.
- Management or leadership experience at the program level, experience with strategy development; senior staff role within a TA. Proven leadership skills in a cross-functional global team environment International experience is a plus.
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support global business strategy.
- Ability to run a clinical program or medical affairs team(s) independently with littler supervision. Knowledge of clinical trial methodology, regulatory requirements governing clinical trials and experience in developmental strategy and the protocols.
- Must have an understanding of the Pharmacovigilance practices for Clinical Development programs.
- Ability to interact externally and internally to support global business strategy. Most possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Can address problems within discipline or across several projects. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Works on complex problems in which analysis of situation or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various complex factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions .
- Significant Work Activities and Conditions: N/A
- Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
- Job Type: Experienced
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Level Code: D
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employerwe do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic informationgender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Create and manage profiles for future opportunities.
Unless otherwise specified, all product names appearing in this internet site are trademarks owned by or licensed to AbbVie Inc., its subsidiaries or affiliates. No use of any AbbVie trademark, trade name, or trade dress in this site may be made without the prior written authorization of AbbVie Inc., except to identify the product or services of the company.
Associated topics: care, event, lead generation, market, policy, public, public relations, social media, solicitation, university relationship
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...