Power Delivery Lead Field Engineer
Compensation: $92,340.00 - $131,690.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability digital platform. ABB's Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
The Power Delivery Lead Field Engineer, will provide direction and assistance to the work group in order to meet assigned objectives.
* Be responsible for hands on startup and repair of Power Delivery equipment; you will also work with transformers, switchgear, OCBs, Circuit Breakers, busways, UPS, ATS, hydro units, and large motors. Work directly with customers and ABB sales / service team to identify new service opportunities, develop and issue proposals and execute work scope
* Develop knowledge of ABB Industrial Solutions, terms & conditions, and those of our customers & sub-contractors to minimize risk and ensure compliance. Plan, organize, and perform multifunctional field assignments in designated areas of expertise, directing the work of other field engineers and craft labor as required, in a timely and efficient manner
* Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability. Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties, and accomplish effective warranty administration
* Plan, prepare, and/or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and/or product knowledge in area of specialization
* Perform administrative functions in a timely manner that are associated with your work; such as writing technical reports, ordering necessary materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheets, expense tracking sheets, and cost control activities. Such tasks must be completed on a timely, and thorough basis.
* Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary
* Provide knowledge of and conduct work activities in compliance with, the ES Safety Manual and Safety policy. Exercise good judgment in controlling costs and expenditures of company funds
* Protect the company's capital investments by properly safeguarding and maintaining that equipment for which responsible
* Make contributions to the continued development and refinement of IS Engineering Standards and Procedures as they apply to designated specialty and to conduct work efforts in accordance thereof. Strive to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction in all transactions and relationships
* Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 10 additional years of related engineering / field experience) and minimum of 5 years of field engineering experience
* Knowledge of the New England Industrial customer base. Technical skills in testing of power distribution and delivery to include Breakers, Switchgear, Relays and Transformers
* Technical skills in testing low & medium voltage DC and AC variable speed drives. Specific technical skills in drives and controls such as DC300, AC / DC 2000, AC Innovation, Analog / Digital Siltrons, and familiarity with MMI's, HMI's, Cimplicity, Arcnet, Genius, CPL and DLAN
* Experience in the design, fabrication, and refurbishment of bus systems as related to open and metal enclosed switchgear applications. Experience in the repair and refurbishment of LV and MV circuit breakers. Experience in drives, motors, and Programmable Logic Controllers. Ability to build strong customer relationships
* Strong business acumen and ability to sell ABB to the customer. Demonstrated ability to work effectively with minimum supervision. Demonstrated interpersonal skills. Customer service oriented. Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
* Non-ABB Power Delivery experience. Ability and willingness to travel approximately 60% of the time both domestically and internationally, as required. Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid passport and driver's license
* US Military experience
* ABB will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen
Associated topics: analog, circuit, engineer i, engineer iv, h/w designer, pc, pcb, plc, rf, schema
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...