Are you motivated by knowing you've made a difference in someone's life and in our community? Do you have passion for helping those in substance abuse recovery? If you answered yes, then you may have what it takes to be part of the Veterans Inc. team!
Veterans Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit, is the largest provider of supportive services to veterans and their families across New England. We are looking for a professional, highly motivated, goal oriented, skilled, and hardworking individual to fill the RRS Case Manager position and become a valued member of the Veterans Inc. team!
At Independence Hall we provide client-centered care and recovery-oriented treatment within a therapeutic environment for both veterans and non-veterans 18 years and older. The qualified candidate must be a team player, a creative problem solver, and have a passion for helping others. Veterans are encouraged to apply but veteran status is not a requirement.
The Residential Rehabilitation Services (RRS) Case Manger is responsible forassisting RRS clients in obtaining necessary services by providing information, referral coordination, and follow-up.This position is responsible for developing and connecting clients with resources that address both substance use and mental health disorders, coordinate medical and behavioral services offered through health insurance, and coordinate MAT and psychiatric services, as well as assisting clients with after care planning.
This individual would be based out of the 59 South Street, Shrewsbury, MA 01545 location. This is a full-time position with full benefits (health, dental, vision, 403B, paid time off, short/long term disability and life insurance, etc.)
Must be able to pass a CORI and background investigation. Must be able to start within two weeks of receiving a verbal offer.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Schedules appointments, provides outreach to support attendance at scheduled treatment and human services appointments.
- Conducts referrals and follow-up monitoring, and participates in discharge planning process.
- Communicates with other service providers and family members, with appropriate releases, to coordinate the client's next level of treatment services.
- Monitors treatment progress and implementation of the client's aftercare plan.
- Provides supportive case management necessary for individuals to access medical, social, vocational, educational, substance abuse and/or mental health treatment supports and community-based recovery services.
- Develops and connects clients with resources that address both substance use and mental health disorders
- Coordinates with other providers to monitor clients' health status and participation in treatment.
- Identifies all medication being prescribed, assesses client adherence to medication as prescribed, communicates with prescribers, and coordinate MAT and psychiatric services
- Assists clients with researching and accessing needed services including VA benefits, employment training/placement , educational support, counseling, housing, medical services and other public benefits such as health care services, daily living services, personal financial planning services, transportation, fiduciary and payee services, legal services, child care, housing counseling services, and temporary financial assistance.
- Maintains audit ready client files and documentation, as required.
- Conducts outreach activities to market Veterans Inc. programs and engage new referral sources.
- Attends and participates in all meetings as required.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: The following generally describes the knowledge and abilities required to perform the essential functions of the job and may be changed to address business needs and/or changing business practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand, communicate and follow Veterans Inc. policies and procedures.
- Ability to work with clients with diverse backgrounds.
- Must have strong interpersonal and social skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively, using tact and diplomacy both orally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate empathy and respect towards clients.
- Competency in advocacy, professional responsibility, mentoring and recovery support.
- Ability to speak, read, understand and write in English.
- Ability to multitask, problem solve, prioritize and work in a setting with a high degree of interruptions.
- Must display the use of appropriate independent judgment to determine appropriate course of action in resolving problems and in emergencies.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must have strong computer skills with intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to maintain acceptable attendance and punctuality.
- Ability to give presentation to small groups.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Services, Social Work or related field required.
- Minimum of two (2) years of human services related work experience required.
- Documented experience working in substance abuse treatment and working with adults with history of mental illness required.
- Must be able to successfully pass a criminal background records check and a drug screening.
- Master's Degree in Human Services, Social Work or related field preferred.
- Two (2) years of experience facilitating groups or workshops.
- Demonstrated knowledge of military culture, experience in working with veteran population and an understanding of veterans-related needs and issues.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Verbal & Written communication
- Confidential interactions
- Concentration and critical thinking
- Vision Acuity to be able to see in the normal range with or without correction.
- Hearing Ability to hear within normal audio range, with or without correction.
- Walking: Frequency - Frequently
- Driving: Frequency Occasionally, Must have valid driver's license and reliable transportation.
- Sitting: Frequency - Occasionally
- Standing: Frequency - Occasionally
- Lifting: 20 lbs., Frequency: Occasionally
- Carrying 20 , Frequency: Occasionally
- Office: Frequency Often
- Outside: Frequency Occasionally
- Worker is not substantially exposed to adverse or hazardous environment conditions.
Veterans Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued, and welcomed, on all levels within the organization!Veterans highly encouraged to apply!
For more information, or to apply now; visit our website. Please do not mail, email, or fax your cover letter/resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.Mailed, emailed, or faxed cover letter, resume, and applications will not be reviewed nor considered!
If you need assistance completing an application please ...@veteransinc.org. Emails regarding application status will not be returned.
No Recruiters Please!
Associated topics: business development, case management, development, manage, office manager, project, program development, program management, project development, resource development