Springwell is seeking empathetic specialists to provide information, referral, and intake services to elders, individuals with disabilities, their caregivers, and other professionals. The specialists need excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills to provide accurate information tailored to the specific needs of the inquirer.
Community Resource and Referral Specialists are the \"face of the agency\", often serving as people's first point of contact with Springwell. Resource Specialists work with consumers over the phone, via email, and in person at the Springwell office; they are excellent, non-judgmental listeners, who strive to provide excellent customer service. The Specialists are able to build rapport with both non-professional and professional callers, assess needs, and make appropriate referrals to internal Springwell programs and to external agencies. The team researches community resources and updates informational materials which are utilized by both consumers and Springwell staff. They are also responsible for maintaining records in an internal resource database, and creating consumer records in the state's electronic database.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assess caller's need for services and community resources; research options; provide accurate and unbiased information tailored to the caller
- Collaborate with colleagues in other Springwell departments surrounding their resource needs
- Maintain existing information sheets used by staff, community partners, and consumers; create new informational materials around topics of interest that are relevant to the Springwell community
- Update and maintain community provider records in the internal resource database; research new providers for possible inclusion in the database
- Respond to requests for information from professionals and staff in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree and previous social service experience preferably with older adults, individuals with disabilities and/or providing customer/consumer support
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to learn and navigate internal computer systems
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with co-workers, adapt to changes and problem-solve.
- 3 weeks of vacation in first year
- Birthday off
- 11 paid holidays
- 2 paid floating holidays
- 15 paid sick days per year (You can accumulate up to 450 hours)
- Health & dental insurance with employer contribution
- Life and long-term disability insurance at no cost to employee
- Flexible Spending Plan
- Employee Assistance Plan
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan w/ employer contribution
- Mileage reimbursement
- Employee referral bonuses
- Free parking
- Commitment to promoting from within
At Springwell, we are serious about our mission. For more than40 years, our staff has worked to help ensure that seniors and individuals with disabilities have the village they need and the support that is necessary for them to live at home with dignity and independence.
We are also serious about our employees. We are focused on creating a supportive, and welcoming environment that values each and every member of our staff. At Springwell we are fiercely committed to creating equal opportunities for all regardless of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, national origin, age, language, and physical or mental disabilities.
We believe in:
- Accountability: At every level of the organization we are accountable: to the people we serve, to our funders, to our employees, to community professionals who rely on our support.
- Continuous Quality Improvement: We honor the fact that each of us is human, and we embrace a desire to examine the value and quality of our work and ask how we can provide a higher quality of service.
- Transparency: While we don't claim to be 100% transparent (there are certain things, like salaries and performance evaluations that are private) we continuously strive to be as open as possible.
- Balance: Life is a give and take, as is work. We are always examining that balance. Today, we have yoga classes on-site twice a week. We are exploring offering a Weight Watchers meeting. And afternoon meditation is under consideration. If there is a holiday to celebrate we have a party. This year, we built a dedicated lactation room for new moms. We are committed to listening to our staff, and examining and re-balancing our work environment.
Keywords: Waltham, Newton, Brookline, Watertown, Belmont, Needham, Wellesley, Weston, Boston, Case Manager, Social Services, Elder, Geriatric Care, Human Services, Referral,Informationand Referral, Information and Consultation, Customer Service Representative, Human Services, Community, Seniors, Disability, Disabilities, Aging Service Access Point, Area Agency on Aging, ASAP, AAA, AIRS
If interested, please apply at Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Associated topics: community and in home participating, community participating, community service, liaison, personalized support, representative, resource worker, supportive service, teacher, vocational support/training