After School Group Leader Needed
Do you enjoy working with children? Do you have hobbies/interests you would love to share with children? We are looking for after school group leaders for our programs.
We have the following positions open:
Group Leaders for Tuesdays 12:00-3:30 or 12:00-6:00 to run clubs and activities with children 2nd-5th grade. (3.5-6 hours will options to work other days)
Group Leaders available 21 hours (Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri 2:30-6:00 Tuesday and early release days 11-6:00) to work with Kindergarten through 5th grade.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Work with Coordinators and other teachers to plan, organize and implement all after school components (Snack, Activities, Clubs, Outdoor Play, etc) to meet the social, emotional, cognitive and physical needs of each child.
- Active Supervision of children participating in the program during every aspect of program including in the classroom, outdoors, and field trips.
- Implement Positive Behavior Management Techniques to help children learn acceptable social behavior to group interaction, acceptance of limits, cooperation, respect for others, and expression of feelings.
- With support from Coordinators, observe and record needs and successes for each child and write yearly progress reports.
- Keep accurate attendance and maintain daily sign in/sign out logs for parents/guardians.
- Perform housekeeping jobs to keep classrooms clean and orderly, and keep educational materials in good condition.
- Willingness to perform other duties assigned by Program Directors/Coordinators.
- Attend outside trainings and conferences for professional growth
- Attend Staff meetings, meetings with parents, and agency events as requested.
- Previous Experience working with children
- Degree preferred
- Cori/Sori and Fingerprint Check
- Statement of health from physician
- CPR/First Aid Training within 30 days of hire
- EEC Trainings/registration within 30 days of hire
- Reference checks
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary Range $14-$19 based on experience and qualifications
- Tufts Insurance Available
- Aflac Benefits
- Dental Available
- Retirement Plan
- Ongoing Professional Development