Great Dane Trailers, typically referred to simply as Great Dane, is a Chicago, Illinois based manufacturer of truck dry van, refrigerated van and flatbed semi-trailers. Established in 1900 by J.P. Wheless and T.H. McMillan as the Savannah Blowpipe Company in Savannah, Georgia, it has gone on to become the world's largest manufacturer of commercial truck trailers.
As duties and responsibilities change, this job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity. Duties include, but are not limited to those described below.
Performs multiple tasks using a variety of hand held pneumatic tools and manufacturing equipment. Builds component assemblies. Installs and assembles semi-trailers on a production line. Specific duties may vary from department to department. Functions also vary within the department based on the specific tasks and types of materials to be assembled as directed by the team leader or supervisor.
- Operates various hand held pneumatic and electric power tools and other machinery including drills, drivers (screws and other fasteners), riveters (pistol grip, pop riveters, mashers and squeezers), impact wrenches, nut-runners, saws and grinders.
- Works with various building materials including steel, aluminum, wood, fiberglass, composites, small fasteners and fittings, adhesives and oil-based products.
- Supplies area with these materials using an overhead crane, forklift, hand / powered carts or carrying materials by hand.
- Keeps equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Observes all safety and security procedures.
- Performs other routine duties as necessary.
- Process Standard
- Employee must be able to use pneumatic power tools and equipment of all types.
- Employee must be able to accurately read a tape measure.
- Employee must be able to perform and remember how to perform multiple tasks from day to day.
- Employee must be able to perform the physical requirements listed in that section of this job description.
- Employee must look for potential cost savings in the work process, help keep scrap and waste to a minimum and be efficient in use of all supplies.
- The employee must perform the assigned tasks in a manner in which they meet or exceed the required production level.
- The quantity of units, parts, assemblies and/ or installations that is expected will vary with the process being performed, customer specification, volume and location.
- Trailer Builder must inspect his/her product as instructed by standard operating procedures.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each of the essential functions and skills listed below
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to accurately read a tape measure and other measuring tools.
- Ability to work with hands and to work in mechanically oriented situations following supervisor s instruction.
- Aptitude to learn and retain new information.
- Ability to follow instructions, given either verbally or in writing.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Ability to stand and move about on concrete 8-12 hours a day.
- Ability to see, walk, bend, reach, grasp, stoop, kneel, twist, crawl, carry, climb (including ladders), work overhead, push and pull. See more detail on separate Assembler task description.
- Ability to do heavy lifting ( 50 pounds) multiple times daily in a 8 to 12 hour shift.
- Ability to maneuver large parts and assemblies (up to 180 pounds) by pushing, pulling and flipping them into place.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness.
- The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Employees must wear all mandated PPE which includes at least protection for the eyes, ears, hands, head, body and feet.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines
Hours Of Operation:
- Monday-Thursday: 1st Shift.
- Make up to 15.25 or more within your 1st year!
Benefits are eligible offered after 90 day probation period which include:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, & Several Choices of Voluntary Benefits.
- Pension Plan and 401K (Company Match)
- Yearly Reimbursement up to $75.00 on Steel Toe/Composite Toe Footwear OR Prescription Safety Glasses.
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Vacation & Professional Days
- Quarterly GainSharing Bonus
- & more!
WNEP: Great Dane, Elysburg Commercial Link Below:
Associated topics: assemble, assembler, assembly, installation, reassemble, re assemble