Fitness Holdings Northeast LLC is looking for a Regional Director to oversee 4-6 of our clubs in MA!
We are a franchise of CRUNCH Fitness. We are headquartered in Greenwich, CT. Our mission is to launch a network of CRUNCH gyms across the northeastern United States. With franchise rights in Westchester County, NY, Philadelphia, PA, Northern New Jersey and Boston, MA, Fitness Holdings, LLC is on pace to build 50 clubs throughout the Northeast Corridor.
With a focus on low cost, high volume and superior customer service, Fitness Holdings, LLC's first location opened in May 2013 in White Plains, NY and have grown to 22 clubs so far with a handful more coming by end of 2019!
Crunch is a gym that believes in making serious exercise fun by fusing fitness and entertainment and pioneering a philosophy of No Judgments. Our gyms are packed with the latest state-of-the-art cardio and strength training equipment, weight room, full service locker rooms with showers, tanning booths, HydroMassage bed, and an extensive schedule of Crunch s signature classes including Zumba , BodyWeb with TRX , Yoga Body Sculpt, Belly Butt and Thighs Bootcamp, and more.
The Regional Director (RD) is responsible for ensuring that each club within its area exemplifies the company s culture and values, achieves the desired financial results, and for the flawless execution of company operations, procedures, programs in place for each club location. This position also manages each general manager of the clubs within its area and is responsible for ensuring that the appropriate performance management is occurring within each club. The RD will also be held accountable for ensuring the following:
- The RD will achieve and exceed the Company s sales plans and KPI s (Key Performance Indicators) for the region.
- The RD will ensure that programs and operational protocols in place to ensure the achievement of member satisfaction and retention.
- The RD will ensure that each club is following company policies and values as well as health and safety procedures.
- The RD will ensure that management has the appropriate performance management is in place to ensure feedback is occurring on an ongoing basis and performance problems are addressed in a timely and appropriate manner with the appropriate level of support from HR / management.
- The RD will lead by example in the clubs.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Finance and Operations
- Drive the achievement of financial results, ensure profitability, and the highest level of performance for each club. Staff all locations with high caliber teams that deliver exceptional customer service, member retention and club cleanliness; as well as instilling and upholding the core values of our organization.
- Ensure that each club has the appropriate key performance indicators in place to accurately predict the achievement of the expected and actual financial performance for each club
- Ensure that General Managers are managing and controlling operational expenses (including petty cash, payroll, and hours scheduled) within the planned budget.
- Evaluate club performance in sales and KPI s by ensuring that each General Manager completes and reviews weekly productivity reports. Provide additional coaching when needed to meet these goals and address unsatisfactory performance promptly and appropriately.
- Model and manage effective supervision to drive sales by consistently delivering exceptional customer service and ensure each club is immaculate and staffed appropriately
- Monitor new member development by location to ensure expectations are met by all managers and associates.
- Analyze and monitor the sales and expense figures for each club location, provide feedback and make recommendations for improvement in order to ensure that club profitability is maximized and present district sales for feedback and recommendations.
- Visit all area clubs regularly and conduct inspections to ensure that our policies, procedures and merchandising programs are observed, and ensure that all new policies and procedures are properly implemented on a timely basis.
- Ensure that cleanliness, safety, member satisfaction and a healthy and productive environment is established and exemplified at each club in a consistent manner and reflective of our brand and company values.
- Ensure the protection of club assets and inventory. Manage loss prevention by controlling theft and ensuring compliance with paperwork procedures.
- Conduct regular visits to competitor locations and report observed changes in prices, operations, policies, etc. to the appropriate levels of management.
- Conduct regular audits of club paperwork, including bank deposit slips, overages/shortages, etc. and track trends to ensure that cash control procedures are in place and observed.
- Coordinate new site openings and facilitate that each club is repairing club equipment as required.
- Provides recommendations to management for existing and new growth opportunities and market insights.
- Partner with management to influence future divisional growth strategies.
- Create member feedback tools and develop action plans for improvement.
- Understand the competitive health club industry landscape within the District and communicate opportunities.
- Recruit, train, develop and manage Club Management to ensure that clubs are adequately staffed at all times and succession plans are appropriately maintained for Area needs.
- Identify, develop and leverage existing talent to support the growth of the Region through the talent planning process.
- Drives future growth of the Crunch brand through effective recruitment, selection and on boarding of field management positions (General Managers and below).
- Manage the General Managers / Directors within their Region, and is expected to provide direction and observe operations during frequent visits to each location.
- Oversee the recruiting, hiring, and orientation of staff to ensure that each location has the most qualified management and sales team.
- Identify and develop associates with leadership or other special skills for succession planning.
- Provide counsel to General Managers, to include personnel issues, club events, problem solving, crisis intervention, etc. and foster open communications.
- Ensure that managers are providing coaching and feedback to staff on a regular basis and managing to Company expectations.
- Administer site audits to ensure all clubs in area are in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Resolves escalated Employee Relations, performance and customer service issues in partnership with the GM, HR and club management.
- Approve all documentation on performance issues and assist club management on progressive discipline when necessary.
- Fosters cross-district and cross-divisional relationships to support the company s expansion and growth strategies.
- Escalate and communicate all situations and/or conditions that affect the district (i.e., customer complaints, safety issues, worker s compensation injuries, progressive discipline issues, workplace harassment, unemployment hearings, etc.) with the appropriate level of management or department.
- Complete semi-annual performance evaluations and annual merit increase recommendations for all General Managers in a district and submit them to the appropriate level of management for approval. Ensure employee reviews are administered prior to due dates.
- Uphold and model company core values.
- Be a courageous people manager give specific and timely feedback (positive or constructive) as needed. Remove obstacles for your staff, communicate issues and trends upward as appropriate, find ways to continuously innovate and improve yourself and your management skills. Don t let performance issues escalate. Figure out how to hire the best and the brightest, and hire and promote based on the merit principle.
- Find ways to innovate, improve and become more efficient with all aspects of the clubs within your district including finance, sales, operations, customer service, member retention and talent acquisition.
Please note: This job description was designed as a summary of the typical function of the job, and is not a comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities. The tasks and duties might differ from those outlined above and other duties, as assigned may be part of the job.
Associated topics: ceo, chief executive, evp, executive, general management, general manager, manager iii, manager iv, regional director, regional manager